Tonightā€™s films from the glass pumpkinā€¦

1. The Lost Boys - 4 :bat: out of 5
  2. The Last House on the Left - 2 :bat: out of 5

With added pumpkin carving which I am evidently terrible at :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Man is that a good film (Lost Boys).

Going to have to rewatch that now

1 Like

Print out stencils and drawing pins will make you a pro.

1 Like

I realised Iā€™ve never seen Scream :scream: so watching it in the dark.

1 Like

Watched Halloween Kills last night. Have realised that I appear to be accidentally doing a ā€˜new, but oldā€™ theme with everything so far.

Had a week off and made absolutely terrible process on the marathon.

I blame my partner studying for her PHD viva - how rude!

1. Rec - 4 :bat: out of 5
  2. Sleepy Hollow - 3.5 :bat: out of 5
  3. The Frighteners - 5 :bat: out of 5

@HoldenCarver The original Scream made our list so we left out the newest one although itā€™s absolutely a belter of a film.

Halloween is everyday if you try hard enough so weā€™re binging the rest of the films this week :upside_down_face:

1 Like

So I went for a pumpkin design related to one of my favourite bands - Descendents.

What the band design normally looks likeā€¦

2 Likes

Smile was rubbish.

Barbarian was pretty good.

Iā€™d heard pure good things about Barbarian - cinema or home for viewing?

I genuinely prefer watching horrors at home - people being daft in a cinema screen can ruin the set ups.

We watched both in the cinema.

Smile was terrible tbh. I felt like that woman in the rollercoaster meme and wanted to speak to the manager.

Barbarian, whilst couldā€™ve gone further given some of the lines in the movie, was pretty good, some jumps and on edge of seat moment. Def recommend.

1 Like

Time it right, at the right cinema (definitely not tonight for horror), and thereā€™s every chance youā€™ll get the entire screen to yourself. I saw The Nun at vue with my friend when that came out. Was just the two of us watching it. Great experience.

2 Likes

I watched it in the cinema, but for you Probably home, itā€™s a very suspense-driven horror so you wouldnā€™t want that but ruined (my cinema has a good crowd so I wasnā€™t worried).

1 Like

Yeah my main cinema is in Glasgow city centre so guaranteeing an audience without someone daft can be hard.

Did anyone watch anything specifically spooky last night?

I watched:

1. Tremors - 10 :bat: out of 5 (one of my absolute favourites)
  2. The Monster Squad - 10 :bat: out of 5 (another childhood favourite)
  3. Beetlejuice - 5 :bat: out of 5.
1 Like

Tremors is :lipstick::lipstick::lipstick::lipstick::lipstick: / 5

:skull: But did you watch Psycho yet?! Tsk

1 Like

I was forced to watch The Conjuring on Saturday. With lights off.

Iā€™m still twitchyā€¦ and have yet to visit the cellar since.

1 Like

This is the upside to having pets. Take them with you for protection. Especially a cat. Nothing would dare mess with a cat. They are evil incarnate, feared by other evil.

4 Likes

*carries guinea pig to the cellar*

2 Likes

I have two cats and can assure you itā€™s quite the opposite. Theyā€™re useless with noises :joy:

2 Likes

If I need the toilet at 2am, I first hunt around the house for a cat to come with me. Whichever sucker decided to stay home that night goes on guard duty. :joy:

If the cats are out Iā€™ll bring the husky.

No ghost is getting me!

3 Likes

My partnerā€™s cat guards the door anytime I go to the toilet so I know he has my back if any ghost/ghoul/axe murderer tries to dethrone me from the Community/this mortal coil.

In other spooky news - I saw that Guillermo del Toroā€™s Cabinet of Curiosity has started on Netflix and the trailer looks amazing. Iā€™ll fire up the trailer in the Netflix chat.

1 Like