Moving Home - Billing Address

Hi guys
Moving home soon, should I get on chat and update my new address ?

Also, on paypal/ebay/internet do i need to change my billing address to my new one ?

You can change it through your profile - no need to use the chat.

(Unless the system has changed since I did it last…)

1 Like

You are right ! Will change it a day or so before leaving then.

Will i receive anything in the post after changing address or not ?

1 Like

Nope, the only thing they ever send is cards

2 Likes

cool thanks

so ive updated my new address in Monzo.

Went into my paypal to change the billing address and it comes up with an error saying " due to technical difficulties try again later "

Shall i just wait it out ?

That would be an issue you’d need to discuss with PayPal.

No panic to change it so wait and see

1 Like

managed to get it working ! thanks

1 Like

When are you actually moving in?

3rd of jan 2019

You’ve got ages yet :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah i thought i should update my details before i get in there. Especially as i wont be buying anything until the new year anyway due to RM delays

Well that’s ok because your billing and delivery addresses won’t match which could be a problem with some companies.

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with this. Usually they just use the billing address for card verification, I thought?

Some companies can be over cautious if it’s the first time you’ve ordered from them. Had it happen to me once so it’s just something I watch for :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah ive encountered this a long time ago, some are ok with it and some aren’t

1 Like

Don’t forget to tell the benefits lot you’ve moved as well, don’t want to miss any letters from them :+1:

1 Like

Got a financial advocate for all of that ! so pretty much got it covered

2 Likes

No need to change billing addresses unless you get declined payments. Most merchants only check the billing address once when you add the card and make the first transaction - after that it’s fine even if it no longer matches.