More Beautiful Direct Debits in Your Monzo Account

I just did this today by clicking on the transaction. I’m currently using be app beta which should be released this week in the App Store so I imagine it can be done in the next few days. Either that or ask support.

Once you get a payment taken you should be able to tap the transactions and then suggest a new logo or any changes from that screen. (At least on iOS anyway).

Just to confirm guys, if its someone paying you (inbound) Monzo cannot change the Logo / Name.

Monzo can only change outbound payments (Like Vision Express / Tesco etc)

I had some expenses paid last week and I was able to correct the name and suggest a logo in the app. It was all updated within the hour. :muscle::+1: :monzo:

1 Like

Yep, I don’t get the option to add logo with my salary payment. I’m also on TestFlight beta thing.

1 Like

I would assume this would be similar to when they allowed us to start doing them for direct debits. It would only apply to those after a certain date and we wouldn’t be able to fix any past ones.

As @Jackcrwhitney’s payment is from the 17th May I would suspect we would be able to submit feedback for any payments that hit our account this month! :raised_hands:t3:

You can change it for BACS payments inbound only. Not for payments done via the Faster Payments service.

1 Like

@TomEdwards @ASKendrew

This is likely the reason. Applying logo fixes to FPS is more difficult I’d imagine as they can come from individuals not just businesses. Hopefully a solution will be found in the future. Most salary payments in the U.K. are via BACS

Well well well I woke up I looked and guess what… one of my salaries has gone all nice! Just missing the logo though so I’ve put that through again and for some reason 2017 payments haven’t changed but hey well done guys for changing it so quick :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Yet mine wasn’t updated :frowning:

It would be great to know the technical reason why we can’t change names and logos for faster payments. Faster payments are starting to look messy in my transaction feed and committed spending.

I doubt it’s a technical issue, more to do with the fact the majority of users get paid via BACS. I’m sure it will come with time and since my post I think I read somewhere in here about it being worked on…

I’m referring more to faster payments we make to friends or receive from friends, and faster payments/standing orders many of us make to private landlords. Maybe they’re in the minority of transactions as well compared to paying rent to companies or using Monzo.me, but I would be surprised if people whose close friends don’t (yet :smirk:) use Monzo are in a minority.

4 Likes

Fair point! I can see a use for it for sure!

1 Like

So to clarify, to ACTUALLY get more beautiful direct debits do you submit improvements via the actual transaction or request them via chat with Monzo staff? I’ve provided twitter links and nothing has changed.

Yes, It can be a little while before they are approved if it’s been a few days maybe ask in app support to check it out for you :slight_smile:

Can they be changed for future DD’s or only ones that have come out?

They can change future ones too.

Ditto. I imagine there are lots of users who really value and expect that things look good. For me these aren’t minute issues, they are massive. I’d much rather have the app looking good rather than have dubious features like Summary.

I’ve had the same experience with DD’s. Been told different things and they still look hideous.

2 Likes

I’ve 2 Lloyd’s bank direct debits which are hideous. What happened with yours in the end?