Monzonaut AMA - Jack - Product Marketing Manager

Hello everyone!

It’s been a little while since our last AMA and considering how busy the Topic on Friday became I thought it would be great to get the author to come do an AMA this week. We’ve got @jackcully to throw all our questions at up until Friday 17th Sept :pray:

I asked Jack for a little mini bio but I think a lot of the Community are familiar with all the visits he makes but here it is:

Hey! I’m Jack :wave:

I do product marketing for our Personal Banking experience (which is essentially what you’d call our ‘core’ offering – anything that comes with the Hot Coral card). As well as our Personal Banking experience, I’ve worked on marketing our business accounts, loans and overdrafts, as well as a recently working with Monzo Plus and Premium. I joined Monzo as a COp almost four years ago! Looking forward to chatting :man_dancing:

Feel free to pick his brains :brain:

12 Likes

Hi Jack - Any plans to bring Plus/Premium to Joint Accounts?

5 Likes

You a fan of music, Jack?

Would you rather fart every time you laugh or burp every time you cry?

More seriously, what do you thinks been the most rewarding part of your role lately?

1 Like

How do you feel about Community memes? You know, just in general. Not thinking of anything specific here.

12 Likes

Hi @jackcully :wave:

• What would you say the coolest part of your job is
  • How have you found working from home?
  • What do you think Monzo will look like in 5 years’ time?

Thanks!

1 Like

What is your favourite mobile platform and why is it Android? :robot:

5 Likes

What’s something you do at Monzo that if you were to leave and go anywhere else, you’d want to implent there too?

2 Likes

Would you be happy if you were promoted to Chief Community Seducer in light of your recent thread last week? If not, where would you like to be in five years assuming you were to stay at Monzo?

3 Likes

On a scale of never, when would you give someone up or let them down?

5 Likes

If you could add one feature to Monzo with the click of your fingers, regardless of need/requirement, what would it be?

3 Likes

What’s your favourite pizza flavour :wink:

1 Like

If the Queen told you the biggest secret she has, how many people would you tell before you even considered telling @Dan5?

:eyes:

3 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this.

4 Likes

I had a similar reaction to that phrase. But it’s not the only one today, the one that really raised an eyebrow was the topic ‘Tapping on Birmingham Buses’ :eyes:

Surely a late night TV ‘hit’?

eyebrow_raise

Anyhoo… back on track…

3 Likes

What’s your favourite Monzo feature and what’s the Monzo feature you wish was never added? :joy:

1 Like

Hello @jackcully!

Could you tell us about any product (idea or preferably something that you built) that you really liked but realised just didn’t work in practice? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m sure jack will answer but also note I think he works in product marketing not product management or build :sweat_smile:

You don’t need to guess, the clue is in the topic title!

I think it’s still a fun question. :man_shrugging:

Were you flexcited about this week’s launch? :eyes:

1 Like