Monzo travel insurance to Mexico

So what you’re saying is, read the policy documents… Noted, although I already do that.

1 Like

you paid for your flight with air miles , but you got that re imbursed with air miles didn’t you ? I dont think the result would have been much different with any other comparably priced insurance, but who knows :man_shrugging: - I understand its very frustrating

The cost of the flights jumped up from £800 to £1400 In minutes because of the situation

thats not down to Axa or monzo though its down to airlines profiteering from supply and demand :man_shrugging: as I say very frustrating when you just want to relax on a holiday that you’ve been looking forward to for a while - however £250 for a delay ( you dont say how long :man_shrugging: ) for me would be OK

2 Likes

My flight home from America was cancelled last year due to a hurricane, I had to stay out there longer, and fly back 5 days later … I got £250 from my travel insurance due to the delay thing.

Everything else, fully funded by the airline.

I had hoped for more, and chanced it with a different claim type (poor weather disruption), but as I wasn’t out of pocket they said they didn’t need to cover anything. The £250 was nice, I accepted, kept the insurance and got on with life.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a delay as such,the flight was cancelled and we were not offered an alternative flight from BA,they did have flights leaving on the Monday but we were not offered the seats and if im honest was worried the same might happen on the Monday so just booked on Aegean to Athens and then a ferry to Santorini with 2 days holiday missed

1 Like

You chose to fly out, and not have your holiday cancelled. I’m sure you told your insurance that you booked separate flights, and that you’d been reimbursed for them.

If you didn’t get replacement flights, and the whole holiday had to be cancelled then you’d have been entitled to cancellation insurance. The fact one flight was cancelled, and you were then subsequently travelling out a different way, your holiday wasn’t cancelled - one flight was. I’m assuming the airline either reimbursed the travel cost, or refunded your original flight cost.

It’s a tricky one, but however you look at it, your holiday cancellation stuff, doesn’t cover for single flight cancellation - as that’s for the airline to legally resolve.

1 Like

All credit to BA they were brilliant eventually, I am still certain that i can get better quality of insurance than monzo premium offer. I certainly will not buy couple’s insurance next time if they only pay out on 1 trip,best to get separate yearly insurance. The only way i could be tempted back to monzo premium is if they offer breakdown cover!