Monzo & Transferwise - Currency Request Thread

Hello! We’re very excited today to announce that we’ve teamed up with TransferWise to provide international money transfers from within your Monzo app!

In this first release, we’re supporting overseas payments in sixteen popular currencies. These are:

1. AUS Dollar ($)
  2. Brazilian Real (R$)
  3. Canadian Dollar ($)
  4. Danish Krone (Kr.)
  5. Euro (€)
  6. Hungarian Forint (Ft)
  7. Indian Rupee (₹)
  8. Malaysian Ringgit (RM)
  9. Nigerian Naira (₦)
  10. New Zealand Dollar ($)
  11. Pakistan Rupee (Rs)
  12. Polish Zloty (zł)
  13. Romanian Leu (lei)
  14. Swedish Krona (kr)
  15. Thai Baht (฿)
  16. US Dollar ($)

We’ll be adding more currencies over time. But we want to hear which ones we should focus on next. And remember, Transferwise will need to already support them.

Let us know what you think!

9 Likes

When is the App update coming for this - I am on Android and can’t see this yet -

Edit - Blog post has been published;

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! Well done :monzo:!

I’m missing Bulgarian lev and Turkish lira :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yaaaaaay Aussie dollars!

1 Like

Ukrainian Hryvnia please! :ukraine:

1 Like

Hi,
What a great update - TransferWise is such a genius app and concept (just like Monzo!)
Might I please request that you add Norwegian Kroners to the list? As you already have Swedish and Danish kroners on the list, it would be nice to not leave out the last Scandinavian country. :wink:
Thank you for all your hard work - keep it up!

4 Likes

Philippines Peso please. I might just switch from Starling if you do.

This is awesome news.

I can’t see BBD = Barbados Dollars :barbados: on there yet I’m guessing this is something that will be getting added at a later time or it’s already there or I’m being a bit silly and can’t see it lol.

I’d love to see Norwegian Krone (NOK) added to the list!

6 Likes

From the blog post shared above;

From the Payments tab in your app, you’ll be able make payments overseas to sixteen of the most popular foreign currencies, with more coming soon.

1 Like

https://transferwise.com/help/article/1569835/basic-information/supported-currencies

List of currencies supported by TransferWise, for reference.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks a lot for introducing New Zealand Dollar first, that will be very handy for me when I head there later this year for my holiday working visa :grin:

edit: Can’t see the app update yet, I assume coming to iOS the same time as Android?

I nearly said ‘I’m surprised the French Franc is missing’, but then I remember which century I live in :wink: To me, in order of ‘frequency’, it’s USD, EUR, NZD and then JPY (Japanese Yen) - and the Yen is the only major one not listed there

2 Likes

Turkish lira please. Thanks

1 Like

Please add Bulgarian Lev (BGN) — I will be transferring money every month (I already do, through TransferWise).

2 Likes

Awesome feature guys! Congrats :tada:
Personally I’d like to see :hong_kong: Hong Kong Dollar as an option please :smiley:.

1 Like

United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)

Awesome :heart_eyes: I’m missing swiss francs​:switzerland:

4 Likes

Vietnamese đồng :vietnam: please! :clap:

You’ve added RM but not SGD? :frowning: Please support Singapore dollars too!

4 Likes