Monzo & Transferwise - Currency Request Thread

Is it best to do a poll on the remaining currencies supported by TW? :sweat_smile:

(Vladislav Kozub) #22

Would be nice to see Russian Ruble (:ru: ₽).

After all, it is the 10th most frequent travelling destination of Monzo users (if exclude European countries) and yet at least 5 currencies in the original list are for “less popular” countries. Hence would be great to have this one on the list.

(James) #23

Great that this has arrived. Will we be able to receive international transfers as well? And with this partnership will it be possible to view transferwise currency accounts in the Monzo app?

(Warren) #24

Thanks MTeam, Can I request ZAR please. Gracia.

(Bruce) #25

Requesting ZAR…
Just read on the transferwise website the details on this, Monzo and Transferwise make a great team… check out the transparency…

https://transferwise.com/help/article/2144226/rest-of-the-world-transfers/zar-transfers

(Richard Bairwell) #26

I wonder how that data was compiled though. Since I’ve had Monzo/Mondo, I haven’t left the UK, but I’ve still brought things in EUR, USD, JPY and NZD (sometimes using my Monzo card, sometimes Transferwise, sometimes Revolut depending on what is accepted at the other end). So counting my destination would just be ‘UK’, but counting currencies would be 5

(Julian Parmakov) #27

Great news, please add Bulgarian Lev (BGN) when possible!

(Jonathon) #28

Great news.

Time to learn: why do you need to support only a few? If Transferwise support a currency, and Monzo use Transferwise, why can’t you just support the same currencies?

Essentially, what is it that needs to be done to support a currency?

(Chris Black) #29

Omg! Finally!!!
May I ask guys if there is possible to add RON, Romanian New RON (Leu) as well please ?
And there is one thing. You can transfer but how will be possible to get money from abroad ? :smiley: or not yet ?

CHF Swiss Francs

Hong Kong dollar and Taiwan new dollar pleaseeeee! I am so excited about this new function! :hong_kong::hong_kong::hong_kong:

(Carl Barrett) #32

This was a reply in the other thread:

We’ll be rolling the remaining currencies out very quickly - we just want to confirm there aren’t any problems

(Jack) #33

Great idea!

(Jonathon) #34

I’m sure; my curiosity is what exactly needs to be done that causes them to launch only a few? Surely if you’re using an established company already it’s all set up? Do they have to do something for each currency they support?

Not complaining; I’m just curious what the back end work that needs to be done. Seems odd to have to be done for each and every currency.

(Adam Robertson) #35

But this is for money transfers, so not sure why travel destinations would play a part - having said that, I’m sure Russia is on the top lists of money transfers from the UK anyway.

(Jack) #36

We know more currency’s will be added over time, but what’s the most popular that Transferwise support that users on this forum would like? :eyes: :world_map:

• BGN - Bulgarian Lev
  • CHF - Swiss Franc
  • CZK - Czech Koruna
  • EGP - Egyptian Pound
  • HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
  • HRK - Croatian Kuna
  • JPY - Japanese Yen
  • NOK - Norwegian Krone
  • NPR - Nepalese Rupee
  • NZD - New Zealand Dollar
  • SGD - Singapore Dollar
  • AED - Emirati Dirham
  • BDT - Bangladeshi Taka
  • CLP - Chilean Peso
  • CNY - Chinese Yuan
  • COP - Colombian Peso
  • GEL - Georgian Lari
  • IDR - Indonesian Rupiah
  • ILS - Israeli Shekels
  • KES - Kenyan Shillings
  • KRW - South Korean Won
  • LKR - Sri Lankan Rupee
  • MAD - Moroccan Dirham
  • MXN - Mexican Peso
  • PEN - Peruvian Sol
  • PHP - Philippine Peso
  • RUB - Russian Ruble
  • TRY - Turkish Lira
  • UAH - Ukranian Hryvna
  • VND - Vietnamese Dong

0 voters

Other. Transferwise only seems to support about 50 currencies. So I have been using WorldRemit which have about 150 i.e. three times more possibilities.

(Jack) #38

Yeah I’ve noticed this, they are adding more as time goes on.

(Ali Bhatti) #39

Hi,

Can you please support Philippine’s Peso asap?

(James Lucktaylor) #40

Czech Koruna and Japanese Yen please!