Monzo prepaid verification levels

Hi everyone :smiley:

Was on the Monzo blog looking at some posts and saw this … https://monzo.com/blog/2017/06/13/identity-verification-upgrade/

" “before identity verification”, “after identity verification” and “enhanced identity verification”

Which type of verification have I got ? When i joined 2 weeks ago i took a photo of my passport and a video of myself.

Thanks

This is from the prepaid days - they used to be considered as an e-money institution which has relaxed requirements for ID verification, so they could get away with different tiers of verification.

Now they are a bank, so there is only one level of verification - assuming you’ve got an account you’re verified.

4 Likes

I won’t have anywhere near £2,000 coming In each month . Just about £550 from benefit money. Will this be ok ?

1 Like

There is no minimum income required to open a Monzo account - in fact you could leave the account at 0£ if you so desire.

5 Likes

So everyone who has monzo has the same level of verification ?

Those blogs should be deleted really if they are now obsolete :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are part of Monzo’s history and I don’t want it all gone - maybe instead they should have a mention how they are about a deprecated product (the prepaid) as to not mislead new customers.

3 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was just asking because I saw someone on the forum last week mentioning “ further verification “

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.