Monzo Pot Image Generator

These are fab :star_struck: Thanks so much @BritishLibrary :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

My prescription for the Monzo logo:

1. ditch the colours and embrace the grey like the middle two imagines.

2. Then learn to love it. Put it on cards and back on social media. The strongest brands tend to have a symbol/logo/graphic that represents them. (See the Google G, Facebook F, HSBC thing, Lloyds horse…)

3 Likes

Did two others!

icon--inverse-blue1 icon--inverse-hotcoral1

Or on an off white premium b/g

icon--inverse-blue2 icon--inverse-hotcoral2

Edit: And a some pride ones, but the inverted one didn’t come out as good sadly.

icon-pride icon--inverse-pride2 icon--inverse-pride1

5 Likes

Ok I got carried away and tried to recreate the old Plus icons more closely. Not perfect, but…

icon-white-grad icon-hotcoral-grad icon-blue-grad

Here’s how to make a custom icon for iOS:

I’m going to go do something productive now

4 Likes

Really great icons, thank you. Would it be possible to make the top blue logo image with a dark grey background, it looks like this with the forum dark mode on.

1 Like

As in the same gray as the Dark mode background?

Yeah that’d be good!

1 Like

blue-dark-bg

Like so?!

Perfect, thank you!

Correct me if I’m being a bit simple, but didn’t you just (need to) crop the image, no?! Or am I missing something here lol

That would have been a more sensible way to do it yes… But I went the Long way round!

To be fair it at least means the M was centered properly.

2 Likes

I made a few Pot images over the weekend, sharing in case anyone wanted to borrow them :grin:

(It’s a shame that more companies don’t share their logos with Font Awesome!)

Coinbase

Spotify

Monzo Plus

Monzo Premium

Freetrade

6 Likes

Indeed! Why doesn’t Monzo?

A HUGE thank you for the tool :heart_eyes:

Looking forward to updating my pot pictures :star_struck:

1 Like

I don’t know :innocent:

Looks like Font Awesome has a HUGE backlog of brand logo requests (dating back to 2013 by the looks) :eyes:

Monzo’s already been requested: Icon request: fa-monzo · Issue #10360 · FortAwesome/Font-Awesome · GitHub

4 Likes

Evening folks, it’s been a while! I have been keeping an eye on the requests here but I just haven’t found time to update the site until today. Blog post: Monzo Pot Image Generator Version Two

Rundown:

• 2000 brand icons including a Monzo one!
  • Bonus: coloured Monzo logo as well
  • Country flags
  • Country icons
  • Emoji
  • The premium backgrounds that @BenLeo posted above (if you’d prefer them not to be there Ben let me know)
  • Upload your own background images
  • Offline support (I think, it seems to be working but who knows)

I’ve put it on a separate domain while I (read: you lot) test it to make sure things are working.

One thing to keep in mind is the site is huge now. There’s somewhere in the region of 5000 icons and they all have to be loaded in. Hence the offline support which caches all this stuff.

Any bugs you hit with this let me know (I know you will @BritishLibrary :wink:) and if all goes well I’ll get this on the main site in the next few days.

Beta banner at the top of the page to try it out: https://potimages.rknight.me/

Some examples of images made with the new features:

23 Likes

Great update! I still use this site regularly and think it’s brilliant :+1:

2 Likes

Keen to try this!

The URL defaults to the non beta version - the link at the top of the screen doesn’t seem to work and manually entry leads to a redirect :scream:

1 Like

the link at the top of the screen doesn’t seem to work and manually entry leads to a redirect

So it does, what on earth have I done? Gimme a few minutes :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Okay I’ve fixed it, not sure what was going on but a server reboot seemed to do the trick.

2 Likes