Monzo Plus worthwhile?

Sorry if it wasn’t the right question to ask. I thought it was quite important to know. Sorry you think otherwise.

Huh? I think you’ve misunderstood :slight_smile:

I said “best answer ever” meaning that the guy who answered your question didn’t really give you an answer. Not that it wasn’t a good question.

You will however find the correct answer in the topic I linked you to earlier :wink: Since this is now becoming a repeat of everything being discussed over there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The add-on extras are add-ons though, they require additional payment to get. So you pay the £3/£6 and then the £x the add-on is a month - for example the travel insurance is £4 extra a month.

1 Like

All i was told is that its going up when the 3 pound offer ends and at the moment they aint given a time frame for it to end

1 Like

Yh i understand that like im happy with paying 3 pound a month but i dont need the extras there brining out so for customers like me i think it should stay 3 pounds

I think that’s a given and we could have deduced that without needing to ask anyone :laughing:

Your answer gave no more information than “it’ll happen when it happens”.

2 Likes

Yes. Unfortunately pricing isn’t based on what we think it should be and, at the moment, we don’t know what everyone will get in the base package. If that costs Monzo more than £3 then the bank is done for.

Profit needs to come from somewhere and (in one of the possible models) that comes from the £6 fee with everything else passed on at cost price.

(Disclaimer: Who knows if this is the model that will actually be applied)

2 Likes

What do you mean extras? The current “offering” of Monzo Plus is £3 because it isn’t complete yet.

The idea of Plus is that there will be a “base” package for £6 a month (this is developing to include a variety of things on the other thread but all TBC) and then you can get your add-ons and extras for additional cost

The base package will be £6 - if that isn’t good enough value for what you want, I wouldn’t get it.

3 Likes

If you look on there site u will see what there gonna be adding on to it or try and add on to it

As I have said:

You are in the period of having it “half-off” because it isn’t finished.

It has always been Monzo’s intention to build upon the base/core package and it will cost £6 (Monzo’s argument is that it will be worth £6) - and then there is the opportunity for extras/add-ons/bolt-ons at additional expense.

1 Like

I agree with what you’ve said.

But, Monzo also feel a custom URL and different coloured card is worth £36 per year.

There seem to be very few who agree with that, and a lot of the people who have signed up have done so on the basis of “what it might become”, with a little tinge of not wanting to miss out on the “half priced” deal…

I have a feeling those people will be very disappointed, but I hope I’m wrong.

If Monzo Plus was available on joint accounts, I’d potentially consider it (again, on the basis of what it may become, and I can afford to throw away £36 if it comes to it), but until the development moves on… It’s just words.

I’d kinda hoped Monzo Plus would be a little more developed by now - I get it’s still incredibly new, but there haven’t been many updates/insights into what we can expect since Jonas came on to quash the backlash.

4 Likes

This sums up exactly how I feel about it! I’ve been offered it this morning and having read what I get it doesn’t seem like much

1 Like

Oh of course, what Monzo feel is worth it, may be completely opposite to public opinion. They did also state it wasn’t finished and it won’t just be this for the £6 pcm and that you should not in anyway sign up now for what Monzo Plus could be.

But what I was more trying to get at is this current “£3 offering” isn’t an offering at all - it is just a “deal” to get in early before the product is completed - I don’t think there will be a “I want the £3 offer back” because that strictly isn’t an option.

I have been able to sign-up since shortly after the announcement but haven’t because:

1. It isn’t worth it as is (even at £3 pcm);
  2. I haven’t seen enough of a reason/ enough development to warrant getting in “early”

What I think Monzo need to establish is, this isn’t a typical packaged account where you actually get more than what you pay for. You will get pretty much near enough what you are paying for, and that is fine, if you want that, cool.

2 Likes

As long as the interest is more than the cost of Monzo Plus (£3 pm for 12 months, £6 pm thereafter).

1 Like

…which it won’t be (not at the rates they’re floating at the moment).

2 Likes

It would be, assuming either of the higher balance propositions go live, and you utilise them with the max balance, and you only keep Plus @ £3/m for the first year, and either proposition launches soon.

Either way, a lot of variables, so wouldn’t base the decision on this possibly coming to fruition.

I naively assumed that, by signing up at the £3 rate, it would stay at £3 for good.

They’re going to have to do a lot to not make me cancel after 12 months because it’s certainly not worth £3/month right now, let alone £6.

That said, some of the suggestions for what might be coming could swing it for me.

1 Like

Ooops!

Don’t forget you can cancel within the 2 weeks cooling off period too :slight_smile:

I don’t want to cancel, I want to see where it goes :slight_smile: