Monzo Plus - Weekly Update 31st October 2019 šŸŽƒ

Itā€™s quite clearly Military Gray and Ocean Gray.

arnold%20rimmer%201

7 Likes

If special offers are on the table, I canā€™t say Iā€™m too fussed about itā€¦ I think something like cashback at a few different retailers would be more appealing (to me personally anyway) so Iā€™m not limited to a timeframe, 1 or 2 particular retailers that I donā€™t normally go to etc.

Unless I can get a free Costa Coffee per weekā€¦ or day (on knees praying for free Costa Coffee every day) then Iā€™m not that interested in special offers, only useful products that I can have in one place at good value for money without having to shop around every time for hours on end :blush:

1 Like

You need to allow people to pick and choose what they want in the account as discussed before ā€œmarket placeā€, Gadget insurance generally covered in contents insurance (that have it), Netflix now bundle with sky (again those that have it)

Cash back on DDā€™s & Purchases with interest also say Ā£3 a month then Addons for the rest per item

On the billing side of things, with the original version of Monzo Plus, the monthly charge was not included in ā€œCommitted Spendingā€ like other recurring payments - it would be good if this could be built in the new version.

It was also not possible to change the category that the Plus transaction was assigned to (which from memory was just in the ā€œgeneralā€ category).

3 Likes

Re billing, monthly or annual with an annual discount seems to be the subscription norm and works well.

Re special offers, I struggle to see how you will make this work for everyone. If you could get companies like pret and Brewdog who are across the country that would be best case. Good luck on getting a discount from Netflix/Spotify/Amazon but would be awesome. Niche London coffee, etc would still appeal to a large number of users.

Maybe do a vote on the forum to decide between the top two?

1 Like

What I would really like, that would set Plus apart from other packages, is if there is a insurance-based-component, the ability to manage any claims in the app.

That convenience would be 1000x more useful than a random plethora of discounts to me.

2 Likes

I agree with what others have said about special offers on subscriptions to Netflix and Apple Music/Spotify.

Could you guys also look into a discounted Headspace subscription?

6 Likes

Please, not by choice. The forum isnā€™t the target market for this.

3 Likes

Discounted Headspace would be great :relieved:

5 Likes

I assume whichever two they have got it down to they are happy with it

If there is to be new cards, please make sure they have ā€œInvestorā€ tags :wink:

2 Likes

:shopping: Special Offers

• Cashback offers (all national): supermarkets (Morrisons, Waitrose), restaurant/bars (Pizza Express, GBK, All Bar One), high street/online retailers (Ted Baker), food delivery (Just Eat, Gousto), other (Funky Pigeon). All examples are offers Iā€™ve used from traditional banks
  • Subscription offers Iā€™d like to see: Spotify, Netflix, Headspace, Everyone Active / Pure Gym, NFL Game Pass, National Trust
  • Interest: currently this is the only reason Iā€™ve remained a Plustomer

:package: Other stuff
Billing and cancellations

• Treat Plus as a normal payment so it can be budgeted (i.e. view in scheduled payments so it can be paid from a bills pot)
  • Monthly payments, or both as long as theyā€™re the same price annually

Just as a note on this, both are not in N.I.

If choosing partners it would be good to ensure they are U.K wide

3 Likes

Iā€™ll switch all my Direct Debits to you if you pay cashback on them like I get at RBS with packaged account :grinning:

5 Likes

I like the idea of special offers but with two distinct points.

1. They shouldnā€™t be introductory offers. If I already use the service/product I want to be able to avail of these special offers without having to create a new account with whatever said company is.

2. It shouldnā€™t be a one off deal. As plus is a subscription with reoccurring payments, the special offer should also be reoccurring.

As for what the offers should be? I like the idea of cinema tickets, like cineworld unlimited or meerkat movies, national trust membership, zoo membership, theme park tickets, and Iā€™m not sure what else just yet.

5 Likes

Special offers sound good, but can they not be targeted towards something specific? Not everybody uses Netflix/Spotify or goes to the cinema/zoo or uses Morrisons/Waitrose, etcā€¦

Something generic like x% cashback on the next Ā£y spend within z days that everybody can use is what Iā€™d go with.

3 Likes

On the new cards Iā€™d like to see investor options too.

I hated the way that with old Plus you had to lose your investor card if you wanted a Plus card. It would be great if the new options had the ability for the card to hold both the Plus and investor tags on the front.

6 Likes

Having lost my Starling and Revolut card on a pretty big world-wide no-deadline trip, I would love to be able to pay a bit more and get unlimited ATM withdrawals, hah!

As an investor you want expense spent on a vanity exercise?

4 Likes