Monzo Plus/Premium: Offers

So I just ended up getting a new bike recently, and got the Laka.co bike insurance through premium.

Despite my previous assertation that itā€™s better value to get the Ā£25 referral bonus. Was a super easy sign up, covered in about 10 minutes.

Iā€™ve heard really good things about Laka - they even have an aditional liability insurance for Ā£1 a month, which I think is a worthwhile upgrade, because you never know.

Anyway if anyone wants a Ā£25 referral hit me up :wink:

One thing that would be good to go with this is a Monzo discount on other bike related things, like the Bike Register marking scheme too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Interesting, Iā€™m now getting feed cards for old/previously seen offers - just had the RAC one pop up.

First time Iā€™ve noticed a card for it.

1 Like

I do think the offers section is a bit weird. It is so tucked away that I forgot about it, so unless they notify me of something new I am unlikely to see it. Would be good to set it to either notify me or not notify me of new offers based on my preference.

Yeah agree - Iā€™d love to have a ā€œnotify me of new offersā€ option, I think my current mechanism of spotting them is this forum thread!

1 Like

Has there even been updates?

No need for a notification if they dont actually update them :joy:

3 Likes

This was mentioned here:

I wonder if these can be merged @AlanDoe?

2 Likes

Sorry if thereā€™s a newer thread for this but.

New plus/premium offer of 3 free shares with Freetrade (extension of their 1 free share for referrals it seems) worth between Ā£3 and Ā£200.

However. Itā€™s only available to new Freetrade customers. Which I think is lame :slight_smile:

I understand that this is how most offers will work from any company as the point of the offer is presumably to onboard and then keep new customers.

But the fact that the majority of plus/premium offers fall into this category, and are (at least for me) nearly all for well known brands which I have already encountered/used/signed up for is a problem.

Being for brands Iā€™ve encountered makes senseā€¦ presumably if Iā€™m a core demographic for Monzo, I will be for Freetrade and would therefore appreciate offers re the latter.

But this then falls down if itā€™s only for new Freetrade customersā€¦ as this means I donā€™t get to use nearly all the plus offers precisely because they are fairly well targeted/aligned with my interests and I therefore already have accounts with them.

So. Maybe pointless. But this is a plea to provide offers which can actually be used by all plustomers. Iā€™d certainly rather a slightly less good offer I can use than a better one I canā€™t :woman_shrugging:

(I know ovi I can make new accounts with a lot of places to make use of such offers, but that clearly isnā€™t Monzo/offer approved, and for things like Freetrade with strict KYC etc, that presumably becomes more difficult or impossible)

6 Likes

Cashback on international payments seems to have started rolling out.

https://community.monzo.com/t/introducing-monzo-flex-a-better-way-to-pay-later/122880/886?u=kolok

1 Like

This offer does seem very good though? I sign up to Monzo plus for Ā£15, set up a Freetrade account and deposit Ā£2, and I can get Ā£600 worth of shares?

There must be a catch no? I might try this tonight see what happens

Edit: No I get it now, they randomly allocate a share to you, you donā€™t get to chose, with the allocation meaning ā€˜more expensive shares will be rarerā€™ (but no indication of how much rarer). Hmm resigning up to plus will cost me Ā£15 I wonder if itā€™s worth the gamble. Worst case is Ā£7 out of profit I guess.

You donā€™t get to choose which shares, so you might end up with only Ā£9 worth :slight_smile:

Edit: OK, you already twigged it!

2 Likes

A little disappointing that existing Monzo Plus and Freetrade users wonā€™t get anything :frowning:

9 Likes

A bit more effort and a joint subscription and embedded offering would have been cool.

Probably too much to expect from either of them at this stage of evolution, I imagine.

2 Likes

This would be cool, if the new version didnā€™t put up the prices of such transfers. Iā€™m still better off just using what i already use for international transfers.

Has anyone else signed up to Freetrade through Monzo?

I didnā€™t have an account with them, or the app, followed the instructions and now it says thisā€¦

Is this just their wording? Or have I just got one share coming?

Yeah, I have the same queue and was confused, but then spotted 2. in the T&Cs.

So Iā€™m assuming theyā€™ll get queued in a few weeks.

1 Like

Ahh, youā€™re smarter than me, you can read!

Thank you :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not eligible for the offer, already being a customer of Freetrade (sadface!), but Iā€™d love to see them integrated into my Monzo app as a separate ā€œcardā€, much like the open banking does. That would be a savvy approach to take in combination with this offer.

16 Likes

Just received my 3 free shares from Freetrade, which could have been worth between Ā£3 and Ā£300 each.

The combined value of all 3 is Ā£28.85.

Better than nothing, I guess.

3 Likes

Damn, I got a combined value of Ā£15, still better than nothing though

2 Likes

Ā£28 is more than me

1 Like