Monzo Plus - here's what's coming next!

Oh have they changed hot coral maker as well then.?

Just got my midnight sky card and well yeah… experiencing all the same issues as everyone. For a premium product it doesn’t look great and I’m debating if I even bother activating it.

Also looking at my standard investor card, they look nothing a like. Monzo logo is on the different side, contactless logo now on the back, signature box is tiny, mag strip smaller. Small changes I know but why?

Now I get manufacturing process isn’t simply but the consistency in design isn’t even there… so I went to the effort and revived this thread and redesigned the Monzo again.

1 Like

They said that they’ll eventually change all cards to the new design, meaning Monzo on the left, contactless symbol on the back, small magstripe and signature field and no MasterCard writing under the logo.

The magstripe is just two tracks instead of the old three which is why it’s smaller. The signature field will go away entirely as it’s no longer required by MasterCard but will stay on for now for places who still swipe and sign

3 Likes

Makes sense, not in the know about what is actually required and soon to be gone. But it sounds like the back of the card will be blank soon :joy::joy:. Hopefully that’ll open up some opportunities for some customisation :eyes::joy::joy:

Not a fan of the contactless logo on the back, not sure who’s move this is. But when I received it the first thing I thought was “wait, it’s not contactless?”

1 Like

It makes the front look tidier. You don’t need reminding that it’s contactless every time you look at it.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I go to a shop they stare at my card for the contactless symbol as if they want to check it has the functionally before I tap it.

3 Likes

Came to say the same thing.

Arguably not as bad as my first one but still poor quality :cry:

• Can still see the CVV number through
  • Rough around the edges
  • Using once in an ATM type machine scratches it all
  • Lettering is not all white, patchy in places. One part looks to have coral on it? :confused:

I did get some stickers this time though :tada: :mondo:

1 Like

The coral around the chip is due to the centre / core being coral

1 Like

Has anyone seen anything about Plus coming for JA? We don’t use sole accounts at all so would like this (plus a number of other features including overdrafts) available for JA holders too.

2 Likes

I never mentioned the chip. I meant around the edge of the card and then coral on the lettering with patchy white bits too. You can see some of it on the number 5 in that photo :camera_flash:

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of :slightly_frowning_face:

As with all things joint it’s usually on the current accounts for some time before they even start to consider it.

Maybe worth Monzo looking at getting rid of hot coral cores and finding another way to incorporate hot coral in the design

4 Likes

Got my card today, no marks but the CVV code shows through the front and the white of the numbers is already a little faded. Will probably hold off on ordering a replacement until metal cards come in.

Oh and got stickers, which are great even if I have no idea where to stick them :joy:

I’ve joined Monzo Plus and got my new Lagoon Blue card. I like it a lot!! Stands out and looks the part. If metal cards are brought in though I’d love to have a Lagoon Blue version of it… I bet it would look very flashy!

Can’t wait as well for what other add-ons will be available on Monzo Plus too. Not long got phone and travel insurance, but I’m definitely adding the travel insurance once my current one expires for this year. If mobile phone insurance comes in soon, and providing it’s good cover for a good price, I’ll be cancelling my current phone insurance. Really looking forward to seeing what else is added to make it even more of a great product :+1:

3 Likes

I want Plus

1 Like

They use 3 manufactures and slight differences between all 3 of them. Not sure who they are using for the plus cards but expect its nitecrest

Hot Coral Metal Card. Let’s face it this is the card we all want. :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Agreed but then move the numbers and expiry info to the back whilst we are at it.

To @Jackcrwhitney’s point, sometimes places look at your card or take it to put it in the machine and look at the front to understand what it can and can’t do

3 Likes

Is that right? I just assumed they sent it to the little machine and that just waiting for either a contactless tap or an insertion. Didn’t realise the cashier had to choose which.

I think what @JackW is getting at is they want to check the card is contactless capable before trying to tap it, otherwise it doesn’t work.

I think the UK Card Association frowns upon the merchant taking your card and tapping it for you. The transactions should always be initiated by the card holder, without it leaving your sight.