Monzo Plus: Advanced round up - still round up

Apologies if this is already posted - I couldn’t see it scrolling through.

Monzo Plus has the advanced round up functionality where you can save x1, x2, x5 and X10. However, if you choose these, it no longer rounds the balance. The example when choosing it is as follows:

Spend: £1.10
x1 round up: 90p
x2 round up: £1.80
x5 round up: £4.50
x10 round up: £9

However, only the x1 actually rounds the balance.

I would like the option to re-round after the calculation, so it ends up as follows:

Spend: £1.10
x1 round up: 90p
x2 round up: £1.90
x5 round up: £4.90
x10 round up: £9.90

I really like my balance staying at £xxx.00

I see your point, the name is clunky.

1 Like

There’s a way you can do this with IFTTT integrations -

I posted this thread with some alternative approaches in, but I could easily make one to do round ups in the way you are describing.

1 Like

I appreciate this solution. But, and I don’t mean this to sound rude or anything, if I’m paying for a feature I don’t want to have to create a workaround if it can be native to the app.

3 Likes

No I appreciate that - just wanted to showcase what can be done with IFTTT, without paying for the Plus feature - for the few who are after the better rounding but not the rest…!

2 Likes

Ah I see, fair enough then!

Really they need to re-name it because, I agree with you that I want to keep things round, but lots of people liked the idea of saving a few extra pence.

Are advanced round ups free for US account holders as opposed to only being available if you have Plus in the UK? If yes, why do UK account customers have to pay?

Hi there, love the app. I was wondering would it be possible to give the user an option to save more aggressively using the roundup feature on pots. Like for example right now when you spend an amount it is rounded up to the nearest pound and then sent to your designated pot. So if I spend 10.20 GBP, 80p will be sent to the pot as the round up.

But can we have an option to make this more agressive if needed? Like

Low → round up to nearest pound = 11-10.20 = 80p
Medium → round up to nearest 5 pounds 15-10.20 = 4.80
High → round up to nearest 10 pounds 20-10.20 = 9.80

Etc etc.

So this will give people an option to save more aggressively fathar than just a few pence at at time.

Would like to discuss further if you are interested. Thanks

Welcome to the community!

If you’re a Plus or Premium subscriber there’s already an option to 2x, 5x or 10x your roundups.

so spending 90p would save:

1x : 10p
2x : 20p
5x : 50p
10x: £1

Or use IFTTT.

@AlanDoe

Advanced roundups is nice in theory but having it limited to “x2,x5, x10” means it can be VERY aggressive. If you spend £1.99, you would save 1p/2p/5p/10p, but a £1.01 spend would mean you save 99p/£1.98/£4.95/£9.90 which is a stark difference.

I think OP is asking for it to be simplier, so using the same examples:
£1.99 would save you £0.01/£1.01/£4.01/etc
£1.01 would save you £0.99/£1.99/£4.99/etc

To me, this approach is more reasonable.

You can achieve this using IFTTT but you will need IFTTT Pro to achieve exactly what you want as you’ll need access to the filter code functionality.