Monzo not accepted

That’s not what we are asking

Monzo cannot fix this unless you tell them which merchant wouldn’t accept it. It doesn’t matter what you told the merchant, nobody is asking that

1 Like

I have told them several merchants B4… Nothing has been done

Wow, you’re very unlucky. I’ve never had a single one refuse, although they never look at my card

I had 1 place refuse to pay me into my monzo account but I sent them a letter telling them they were obligated to update their bank details regularly and magically that fixed it

Do u remember the famous Polish sausage thread.that was me

Yep, it’s obvious it’s you, has been for a while

Yes mate

Of course they should. How do you know they’ve done nothing? They might be doing all they can, but so far, without success.

1 Like

As I said monzo is my main acc.
They world take loyds card but not monzo

From what I’ve read, some small businesses have fallen foul of some unscrupulous people paying using their Monzo card then not being able to claim the funds because they’ve frozen the card.

That said, they shouldn’t be refusing Monzo cards. If asked what type of card, I would always just say “Mastercard”.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that only work if it was an offline payment? And I’m sure someone debunked that over the airlines that refused them

Wyf

Having a minimum transaction limit is also against the merchant agreement. Sounds like a merchant who does what they like. I’ve complained to both Mastercard and Visa about merchant violations. They don’t care. They acknowledge but nothing changes.

May have been me? I was able to use Monzo absolutely fine on EasyJet at a time when they claimed they could not accept Monzo.

No it was a member of staff explaining how the company would still get paid

Well, I suppose I debunked that myth as well given that I saw it work fine. :neutral_face:

1 Like

My recollection is that it’s a possible hangover from the pre-paid card days. Certainly there were stories of pubs taking a card for the customer to run up a tab, with the customer then freezing the card and vanishing into the wind.

You made me go and look

I presume it’s the same with cards frozen after purchase

My post October 2017.
Monzo’s post July 2018.

I debunked the myth first! :laughing: (although they had more detail)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.