Monzo Metal Card

Agreed. Too late to offer Monzo feedback on this, but I’d prefer a 100% metal card with no contactless.

2 Likes

So when the signature strip is phased out in the not too distant future, you’d like to pay ninety quid for a metal plate with the word ‘Monzo’ printed on it?

1 Like

£90 for a nicely designed object that I carry with me almost everywhere is no big deal.

1 Like

I’d imagine if there was no contactless he’d still be thinking the chip and pin functionality would remain. So it’s not just a metal plate, it’s a means of payment. Which doesn’t nead to be charged up for it to function, and can be left behind a bar to keep a tab open.

It doesn’t matter what he or anyone else is willing to pay for it. Some people pay a lot of money for their wallets, if they want to spend money on the items that go into it who cares?

It’s all about personal preference. If you don’t want to pay that much, or any amount? Then good news! There’s a free plastic option too!

Forgot chip and dip :disappointed:

(Which is ironic because I’m using that exclusively at the moment, whilst my contactless doesn’t work.)

But you can set the limit to anything on apple so why have the card at all?

No idea. It seems to be a hype item at the moment. It’s not something I see a need for.

They do allow it for apple pay

1 Like

I mean any card that’s full metal that doesn’t have contactless but offers mobile payment would mean that you use mobile payments for contactless transactions and if the shop doesn’t support contactless then you use the physical card - so id be more than happy for Monzo’s metal card to be full metal and not support contactless because I also just use mobile payments wherever its accepted (including for payments under £30 obviously) and if the place doesn’t support mobile payment/contactless I either use my physical card or I don’t shop there

4 Likes

Anyone who voted £12/year or more please PM me - I have a great investment opportunity for you!

Do wonder what the motivations are for something like this… Fair play to Monzo if they make some money out of it, but I find it utterly baffling :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes they do but they are plastic on the back.

I’ll try and take a pic of mine later.

I’m also wondering this. Excited to see some updates. :eyes:

7 Likes

updateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4 Likes

:soon:

2 Likes

@katewilliams noooo. Now! :joy:

1 Like

If I remember correctly, at Investival they send it would be released by the end of Summer.

Which is just under a month away! :credit_card:

2 Likes

Yep! They mentioned in the forum as well - cannot remember if it was this thread or the plus thread.

I’d like to argue that British summer ends after bank holiday - so come on Monzo I expect a release next week :joy:

Astronomical summer goes on until the 23rd September

4 Likes

Shhhhhhh, don’t tell them that :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Did anyone who got the Metal sign up flow see a card other than the white one? Given the drama over Apple Card recently (and woes with Plus cards) I am ever so slightly concerned Monzo will roll a white card that might have the same issues.