Monzo Logo Design Change?

I like the colourful M.

Might be nice to keep it as the community forum logo?

1 Like

It’s all or nothing in the brand and design world, I’m afraid.

(Which is why the current mixture just isn’t working for me - it’s kill or cure time for the M :scream:)

3 Likes

And yet there’s custom app icons with a multitude of colours, so who knows nowadays!

I think the designers are coming for them, too! :scream_cat:

Hmm.

Pitchfork begins to sharpen

1 Like

I think if the hot coral card were ever to change it should be produced with a vantablack coating

2 Likes

What’s a vantablack coating, please? :thinking:

Here you go

Jokes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually meant the card if it’s going anywhere but hot coral :slightly_smiling_face:
Vantablack is the blackest black available, based on nanotube technology absorbing 99.96% of light, it is amazing to look at as we aren’t used to seeing no reflection at all

1 Like

Thank you!

Wonder what one of those black cards would look like with a hot coral :mondo: as a counterpoint?

1 Like

Pretty awesome, looking at a vantablack surface is like looking into a black space beyond the surface, so a hot coral logo would appear to float on the card

1 Like

I’m betting these don’t come cheap!

3 Likes

I think that’s a fair bet :joy: they’d look amazing though, maybe a premium card?

2 Likes

Vantablack would be a very Monzo option, given some of the actions of the company. I’d recommend instead Stuart Semple’s Black 2.0 (originally the Blackest Black) instead.

Bonus of going down the Semple route would be that perhaps there could also be a Pinkest Pink card too :grin:

1 Like

I dislike you. I clicked this :joy:

1 Like

Great podcast on colour which features vantablack at the end. Highly recommended:

2 Likes

:monzo: logo update!

Looks like the M :mondo: logo is on the new adverts. Is it too early to say that it’s been saved?

Actually, from a distance it looks like it’s had some love so it now looks 3d - kind of like a piece of origami. You also see that effect here in what appear to be new app icons for Monzo Plus:

(Images courtesy of @nexusmaniac from here)

4 Likes

Oh now I like those - especially the coral option!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.