Monzo Labs: Share Card Replacements šŸ’³

Itā€™s better than not telling me, to be honest. Itā€™s a bit of a lottery, otherwise.

3 Likes

I would love to know.

But, any chance it will be in the next few weeks , if yes Iā€™ll wait before activating my replacement for a soon to be expired card.

1 Like

Yeah! Always been my favourite non-UI feature. Just works :sparkles:. I have some other interesting ones, like GitHub trying twice just to be sure before giving up (first one as a San Francisco transaction second one as an online transaction). My prod user_id must still be in my defunct Slack profile if you are curious :joy:

2 Likes

Really, really useful - that would be brilliant :raised_hands:

Canā€™t see why someone would want to opt out of the notification but I guess youā€™ve got to cater for every eventuality :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Whatā€™d be nice is to be able to opt-out of specific merchants, if thatā€™s even possible?

Unless Iā€™ve missed something when it comes to fraudulent transactions and the replacement card not being shared?

Itā€™s not about opting out of the notification. Itā€™s opting out of us telling merchants your new card details (which by the way is done in a safe and encrypted way)

3 Likes

All or nothing. There wonā€™t be an option to opt out of telling a specific merchant of the new card details

8 Likes

Ahh my bad, thank you for clarifying!

After reading your ā€œall or nothingā€ comment I guess if thereā€™s a merchant that Iā€™ve had a bad experience with I wouldnā€™t want to give them my new card details.

Then again I should really delete my account with them :thinking:

4 Likes

That would be damned useful.

Great to see this being finished finally :clap:

Wonder how big the list will be but id say there will be more than a few that it will come in handy for

And just to reiterate the others thanks for taking the time out to update us @arthur-ceccotti much appreciated!!

6 Likes

It will take us 2 weeks of a script running 24/7 just to tell a Mastercard API about all our customerā€™s latest card details.

Thatā€™s what happens when you have to backfill 5 million active cards and an API that only takes a limited amount of requests per second!

Soā€¦ it will be a few weeks by the time itā€™s available to everyone

18 Likes

Ah thanks,

Hopefully mine will be done in time, especially if you work starting with cards expiring soonest.

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff - Iā€™m on board with this (Iā€™ve had this turned on in labs since I first joined, but never knew if it worked or not!) Another plus for me here :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be the opt out, nice to see that as an option at least

Is this service currently working? I think I read there might be a bit of a backlog do some lag on it? Iā€™ve had it enabled in Labs since it first appeared, and activated a replacement card for my personal account two weeks ago but none of the websites that store my card details have changed.

I was going to leave it a while to see if it happens (I use my Monzo joint account for most purchases so not very impactful) but will give up waiting soon!

1 Like

There isnā€™t many sites that implement this so youā€™ll still have to update alot of sites.

It should be working for you, especially if youā€™ve had it enabled in labs for some time, the lag I believe it monzo rolling it out to all customers who didnā€™t have it enabled.

Is it possible for us to get a list of the merchants that do support it, Iā€™m just curious?

1 Like

Yes it would save me having to manually go round all the merchants updating them all as I could skip the ones on the list you provided. Very nice.

3 Likes

These are the biggest merchants supporting it right now (in no particular order)

9 Likes

Itā€™s not live to everyone yet. We had a slight delay. Iā€™ll let you know when itā€™s out

7 Likes

Would be cool if on activation of a replacement card Monzo showed which merchants would be updated automatically and which repeating payments and most recent merchants would need updating manually. Bonus points for direct links to the pages to do this.

9 Likes