Monzo Labs: Share Card Replacements 💳

Brilliant stuff - I’m on board with this (I’ve had this turned on in labs since I first joined, but never knew if it worked or not!) Another plus for me here :grin:

1 Like

I’ll be the opt out, nice to see that as an option at least

Is this service currently working? I think I read there might be a bit of a backlog do some lag on it? I’ve had it enabled in Labs since it first appeared, and activated a replacement card for my personal account two weeks ago but none of the websites that store my card details have changed.

I was going to leave it a while to see if it happens (I use my Monzo joint account for most purchases so not very impactful) but will give up waiting soon!

1 Like

There isn’t many sites that implement this so you’ll still have to update alot of sites.

It should be working for you, especially if you’ve had it enabled in labs for some time, the lag I believe it monzo rolling it out to all customers who didn’t have it enabled.

Is it possible for us to get a list of the merchants that do support it, I’m just curious?

1 Like

Yes it would save me having to manually go round all the merchants updating them all as I could skip the ones on the list you provided. Very nice.

3 Likes

These are the biggest merchants supporting it right now (in no particular order)

9 Likes

It’s not live to everyone yet. We had a slight delay. I’ll let you know when it’s out

7 Likes

Would be cool if on activation of a replacement card Monzo showed which merchants would be updated automatically and which repeating payments and most recent merchants would need updating manually. Bonus points for direct links to the pages to do this.

9 Likes

This would be great as an item in the feed, and could even use crowdsourced data from users to keep it accurate (as location and merchant details do already).

I hope Monzo add this!

Any update on this?

1 Like

Yes. So the good news is we have backfilled all accounts with Mastercard - which is the process I mentioned takes a whole week running 24/7.

The bad news is, Mastercard found an issue on their end (more like I reported a bug on their end), which they will only be able to fix in January :roll_eyes:.

I know… A bit frustrating, and until then we won’t be able to update your card details for a merchant. As soon as they fix it, all I have to do is press a button

14 Likes

Hi @arthur-ceccotti,

Thanks for the update, it’s much appreciated.

About the bug you mentioned: does this also affect existing users of this feature, who have had the toggle on in Labs for ages, or is it only the newly uploaded card details which you mention in your post?

Thanks!

Unfortunately right now we had to turn this off for everyone. So even if you have the Monzo Labs feature turned on, the details won’t be updated when you replace your card.

Don’t worry about the state of your account though. It’s a tiny bug that hasn’t affected anyone negatively, apart from us having to disable this for now

9 Likes

OK - thanks for confirming the situation!

Does this only work for regular payments? Or for companies where I have just saved my card details for occasional use (like Airbnb?)

It should work for both of those (although not every merchant supports it).

Currently, the feature isn’t working at all, but it will be back soon (see above).

2 Likes

Is there any chance of publishing the full list of merchants :pray:t4:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s as easy as finding out which specific merchants are signed up. Where they use a third party to process payments, it’d be the payment processor that’s listed and provides the functionality to their clients (which could be hundreds).

1 Like

I mean seeing more of this list

1 Like

Hi @arthur-ceccotti,

Happy New Year!

I hope I’m not being too nagging, but now that it’s mid-January is there any update on this feature being brought back?

Or have Mastercard at least made some progress at their end?

I hope there is good news!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes