Monzo Labs: Connected Credit Cards

I was told today that this feature has been removed by their customer support

2 Likes

It’s not been removed so much as it’s never been released. Those who had access when it was in labs probably still do but it’s not rolled out any further than that.

I imagine it’s going to disappear soon, however, since truelayer doesn’t seem to be involved in the Monzo open banking stuff any more.

4 Likes

Post for some more context :point_down:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: for connected credit cards via Monzo’s new open banking platform in the not too distant future :blush:.

The Truelayer connection with my Halifax card has been unusably flakey. Haven’t managed to get it to update the balance for weeks now despite removing it and going through the full reconnection flow again to re-link it many times. There’s no point in raising it again now though if Truelayer is on its way out, so will just wait and see what happens :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I did have to reconnect Halifax today, but it’s been okay for me of late

Of course it has never got beyond balance, and so a full Open Banking approach would be welcomed, but it has definitely not been removed for me as an existing user as yet

2 Likes

I’m honestly just looking forward to seeing transactions from my credit card in the Monzo app. I don’t use the card that often at all so it’s more for my own peace of mind incase there happen to be any fraudulent transactions. I guess it’s just a shame that it won’t be possible to do instant notifications - although maybe there could be a daily notification for any transactions made that day.

3 Likes

My Halifax card, as mentioned in passing just above, was only for a 0% deal and never touched (by me!) for transactions, but I like seeing my balance for the exact same reasons

Two sides of the same piece of reassuring toast :bread:

2 Likes

I use account aggregators like Emma and Yolt partly for the same reason.

Some of my accounts from traditional banks are rarely used, but aggregators help me keep an eye on them without having to login to each app individually.

As you say, the reassurance is good, and it’s nice to have proactive notifications from them when something does happen. Hopefully Monzo goes further in this direction, as it could be very useful.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve got this labs up and running with my NatWest (although connected, not showing any data)!

However, Anyone got any issues with Halifax? After connecting and going through the security checks (fine) once it goes back to Monzo/ Truelayer, it goes to a blank screen and then nothing…

Happy to share details to assist in helping the process

1 Like

You just need to read a few posts up and you’ll get an idea as to why this is happening. I don’t think there is much that can be done to fix it, neither will they invest any time in doing so.

1 Like

Lol. forgot to add into my message (not read above) - didn’t know where to start :slight_smile:

Cool, as long as it is known that’s the main thing, never like to assume something is been made aware (but also lazy in that i couldn’t be bothered to scroll through the above eek :slight_smile: :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

Hopefully as they continue to work on their own integration it will allow you to do more than just see your balance :crossed_fingers: So that’s one positive :smiley:

1 Like

Any idea when Barclaycard will be added?

Nothing will be added since the TrueLayer approach is being dumped.

We’ll have to wait and see what the Open Banking implementation supports and whether it will be free for all or a paid for addition.

4 Likes

Why is this being asked every other day when all people need to do is read the post literally above theirs?

Also, any chance of getting Amex added soon?

2 Likes

The post above mine didn’t say anything about Barclaycard.

3 Likes

Maybe as a general rule of thumb it would be good if the latest posts with updates could be stickied… kind of like an approved answer sort of thing.

Not even sure if thats possible

1 Like

The Easy Bank Transfers thread, might be worth a read.

Short version:

• Monzo now has its own open banking platform.
  • It currently only does bank transfers (in labs) but more features coming :soon: :tm:
  • Starling isn’t supported because their API is different to everyone else’s
  • Amex also uses a non-standard API.

My inference is therefore that you won’t get Amex support from the get go when this comes in house. And, as others have said, this may well become a paid feature. (Personally, I’m not sure that the balance is paying for, but the native Monzo experience with transactions etc might be).

3 Likes

It was a tongue-in-cheek question, but thank you for the answer :blush:

2 Likes