Monzo Job Posts šŸ“¢

Hi Jacqueline :wave:t2:

Thanks for getting in touch! Iā€™m sorry it has taken so long to get back to you :cry:

Your background sounds very exciting! Yes international students are eligible to apply, we do sponsor Visaā€™s also!

Looking forward to receiving your application!

Beth

1 Like

Excellent! Iā€™ll get my application over to you ASAP.

2 Likes

It would be great to see you get involved. As an apprenticeship myself I know how much of a difference I can make to the business and how much of a difference the business can have on me.
Iā€™d probably look into the degree apprenticeships offered to get some inspiration.

3 Likes

This role was added to the careers page a couple of days ago but I forgot to post it :see_no_evil:

I was also wondering if Monzo were going to get involved in providing apprenticeships. It would be cool if Monzo would provide opportunities for young people to gain experience in a Fintech Bank!

Maybe you guys could look into StepForward based in London who are an apprenticeship provider :smile: http://stepforward.uk.com/employers/ Iā€™ve been a successful applicant for next year through their program.

2 Likes

Hey Kenneth,

Weā€™d love to provide an experience like this for post-16 school leavers, especially for those who are exploring opportunities for personal and professional development as an alternative to further education or vocational training. What we could offer may not fit the conventional ā€˜apprenticeshipā€™ mould, I think weā€™re still at the stage of figuring out how we can make this experience a valuable learning experience and an opportunity to encourage young talent to take their first steps to a career with our support and guidance. Itā€™s something we discussed in lots of detail at the Sunny Side Up Brunch Workshop, you should take a look at the minutes if you have a chance!

The idea of partnering up with initiatives and organisations supporting young people in finding out more about ways to kick start their careers and further their education with hands-on experience in an industry setting. Beth may be able to elaborate on this a little! Again there were a few great suggestions on who would be good to reach out to from the community at the Brunch Workshop.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a couple more new posts, again these were posted a few days ago :grimacing: -

Iā€™ve realised that this last role :arrow_up: was actually posted about a month ago but since it looks like people are interested, I thought Iā€™d leave it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

and what about the neglected 50+ group? There are many people that age who have lost jobs due to restructuring and downsizing but employers are reluctant to employ these more experienced staff in preference for younger cheaper staff.

Recently a number of companies acknowledged this growing problem and the following signed up to take positive action: Aviva, Atos, Barclays, the Co-operative Group, Home Instead Senior Care, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), Mercer and Walgreens Boots Alliance (which incorporates Boots the Chemist and Alliance Pharmacies).

7 Likes

Good point! This isnā€™t an area weā€™re currently focusing our efforts but 100% something we should be thinking about too. Weā€™re committed to building a team with a variety of skills and life experience off the back of this, I think itā€™s how we promote and communicate relevant opportunities in the right places which we need to work on!

1 Like

Hi, whatā€™s the closing date on these positions? I really want to apply for the iOS role but Iā€™m in the middle of exams and struggling to find time!

1 Like

@craig24 Thereā€™s no closing date for this position so please do check back when you have the time! Good luck with your exams!

Hereā€™s another reason to keep an eye on these posts :eyes:

2 Likes

This role was posted a while ago but since almost the entire Monzo team have tweeted about it, in the past couple of days & Monzo are recruiting 2 Android engineers, I thought Iā€™d post it again :slight_smile:

You can get a sense of what a typical day in this role looks like from todayā€™s weekly diary post :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/spectrl/status/872488101926645760

1 Like

2nd link from this tweet.

1 Like

We just kicked off hiring for a Financial Planning Analyst: https://boards.greenhouse.io/monzo/jobs/725934

1 Like

Thereā€™s been a mini storm of tweets from the Monzo team about their developer roles so I guess theyā€™re especially keen to hire for them right now :eyes:

This sounds perfect! I find myself weekly looking at the careers page. Iā€™m currently abroad but super keen to get a job at Monzo when Iā€™m back in the UK.
Is there any particular way to apply for a possible future job (talking 2-4 months down the line sort of time frame).
Iā€™m somewhat worried that by the time Iā€™m in a geographically appropriate location the opportunities Iā€™m interested in may be gone.

I think you can send a friendly email to Beth and simply ask her. :slight_smile:

If youā€™re considering applying to one of our roles but have questions or doubts, get in touch with bethtoms@monzo.com.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion there :slight_smile:

Perfect Thank you!

This may be out of the ordinary but do you happen to know if Monzo hire for a placement year in-between university ?