Monzo investor card - design concept (By Brice Corbin)

What value would you see in time and money being spent on designing, producing, and continuing to support printing and re-printing these?

3 Likes

Amazing design, love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice design still want a card for participating in the beta :stuck_out_tongue:

You didnā€™t keep your original beta card ?

1 Like

I did - I hope to retire on its sale some day!

2 Likes

Love the design it is sharp and modern :slight_smile:

I was thinking about this the other day when my housemate cancelled his card just to get a replacement that said Investor on it. Itā€™s pretty shocking how wasteful bank cards really are. Iā€™d love to see some sort of biodegradable, recyclable or paper-based alternative.

1 Like

Virtual cards and premium paid for metal cards. Iā€™d like to see both.

1 Like

Metal cards would be cool. Especially if there was a way to change how expiry dates work.

Virtual cards is already a thing with Apple/Google pay. I just donā€™t have a fancy enough phone to use that yetā€¦

1 Like

Good work, but I feel like itā€™s waaaaaay too corporate.

Monzo is a counterpoint to the old banks.

This kinda looks like an amex platinum or a fancy hsbc card.

I want some mental crazy stuff, cos Iā€™m an investor.

Iā€™m not pulling out the pink card of fun, Iā€™m pulling out the bad-ass bank disruption card.

Yeah, thatā€™s right, I invested in breaking central banking principles.

Monzo for life.

1 Like

Here is a design I done but only posted in the other thread redesigning the Monzo card

Here is the post again:
Whilst not a designer but a marketer I think the hot coral has to stay just like Monzo say. I love everything black and would jump at having an all black card, however this is Monzoā€™s brand.

The design isnā€™t anything ground breaking, itā€™s more of an update of the current version. Trying to achieve the hot coral is a guessing game as Monzo donā€™t have any official brand guidelines. Also as nice as a white MasterCard logo would be itā€™s not possible based on their guidelines.

I also stuck with the horizontal version as I donā€™t think the vertical version adds any value apart from looking different and more like a hotel key card. Plus I have a card holder as my wallet, so ā€œmonzoā€ sticks out nicely and is 1. a good conversation starter and 2. easy way for me to find which card I need.

Personally I think the Monzo :monzo: should be on the card to help enforce the brand more. And should be changed similar to the app depending on what status/account you have.

But yeah, here is the design and my thoughts.

monzo-card-design

24 Likes

Now that I prefer.

It is so cool to see so many new ideas for Monzo cards! Thanks a lot for taking the time to do it :hot_coral_heart:

To give a bit of an update, weā€™ve only recently started to work on what a new design system for what our cards should look like. Things like our future business banking will require new cards so weā€™re working on something that would allow us to create new ā€œkindsā€ of cards in a sustainable and consistent way and without breaking any of the things that make our current cards great.

Weā€™ll be sharing updates soon but I can tell you weā€™re looking into pretty much every aspect of what makes a card a card. Colours and inks, materials, finishes, magnetic stripes and signature boxes, embossing techniques (now that we have Google and Apple Pay itā€™s not that important to make the card camera-friendly), questioning what information we need printed on the card and what we donā€™t, etc.

Weā€™re literally looking at every option to go and make our cards even better (not different, but better). Stay tuned :wink:

42 Likes

Why donā€™t you make it so that people can customise their own card? ie. ā€œNo Numberā€, ā€œNo Signature Boxā€ etc. And maybe a choice of Metal (Ā£5 premium?) vs Plastic?

:thinking: Iā€™d definitely pay the one-off extra for a custom card :eyes: even if itā€™s Ā£1 extra than Monzo would pay (ie. More Ā£Ā£ for Monzo)

1 Like

Iā€™m definitely a fan of moving the card number/expiry date to the back of the card :blush:

5 Likes

What about activating a physical card in the Monzo app? That still requires it to be camera-friendly, doesnā€™t it? Wouldnā€™t want to return to the days of typing numbers in!
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You will like Android. Just needs a tap at the back of the phone and done, no camera pointing :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m so glad that we can use NFC on Android :heart_eyes:

Makes the process seamless :tada::grin:

(@SC95 beat me to saying it :joy:)

3 Likes

Really nice design Jack!

2 Likes

Donā€™t change it. Keep it the original card! Shouldnā€™t discriminate against those that didnā€™t invest.