Monzo in the media

1 Like

I think that should say “third crack at paid accounts”

3 Likes

As Dracula himself once said:

When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be troubling your capital gains tax allowance for quite some time…

Isn’t this already happening? Countless people have complained about poor service in recent times. They used to pop their head up about it saying they were hiring/training more COps to deal with it maybe a year or two ago but don’t recall that recently.

customer service has already taken a big hit due to increasing customer numbers - I have noticed this first hand - takes to long to contact Monzo now If you have a problem and they are really poor at dealing with customer complaints - I can only speak in regards to my situation currently.

I was one of those people but I genuinely think it has got better recently. There was a time when there was a new thread every day about long wait times and so on, but we don’t really see them now.

2 Likes

If we’re going for anecdotes, here’s one: I had to contact support over the weekend, and they sorted out my issue efficiently, didn’t take too long, and were friendly. It was everything I wanted from my bank’s support.

8 Likes

How dare you counter the narrative!! :laughing:

10 Likes

I humbly apologise. I’m sure it was awful service and I’ve just been blinded by my fandom.

10 Likes

I believe the line is that you’re CASSing immediately to Starling/Barclays/bank of choice.

5 Likes

What was the exact problem please?

I spoke too soon. I had reason to contact support today and I gave as much information about the transactions in question as I could - who, amount, date etc. Only 30 mins later to get a generic copy and paste template asking which are the transactions in question. This is really basic stuff. So infuriating when people do not read.

4 Likes

Now she blocked my card even though there was not anything fraudulent, nor did I mention anything fraudulent. I just said a service provider had not delivered the promised service.

Now I see why people get so frustrated. When you need to contact your bank, you need them to read and understand before acting.

6 Likes

I hope you get it sorted Rob, this definitely doesn’t sound good.

1 Like

Back on topic - this looks interesting:

1 Like

Not sure if this is right thread but google pushed this to the top of my news feed…

OK it’s from a paper that barely ranks above the beano but these stories get about…

MONZO customer Harriet, whose name has been changed

No sh*t.

1 Like

It is interesting how Monzo refunded the charges and gave compensation after the media were involved. When these things happen either refund them, or don’t refund them. The precedent is now set. Got scammed? Go to the press.

It basically using someone who was scammed for marketing purposes. There is no way they would have paid out unless the media were involved. And of course it is not only Monzo who are guilty of it.

4 Likes

That’s nearly every story I read in a paper or hear on radio around this kind of thing

After we contacted X they decided to pay