Monzo in the media

“If a card processing failure occurred and no one from Starling reported it, did it still happen?”

11 Likes

Loving that the headline is about transparency, then I click to find the article hidden behind a paywall. #irony

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t realise it was behind a paywall. Try Googling the article.

1 Like

No worries! (Not a dig at you btw, just felt it was lol worthy)

1 Like

News in the Guardian about Monzo closing Plus accounts to new customers

Bit half-hearted and not quite what I’d expect from the Guardian. Though the writer does try and start off with something resembling reportage, it ultimate amounts to little more than a recall of the community post. Literally the last half of the article is just restating points from the community with no additional information or reportage added. :neutral_face:

I agree with you. However, since fewer than 2% of Monzo’s customers are part of its Online Community, I do still think it’s a worthwhile general interest story.

2 Likes

I was wondering when we’d hear from MSE about this, they’re normally quick to the ball with these.

1 Like

To be fair, many once struggled to see how Amazon would make money!

2 Likes

I was just thinking that this statement could apply to most businesses! Must be a slow news day.

Argh.

I’ve got a Monzo account which works a bit like a prepaid card

Does the BBC not have subeditors any more? :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I guess when you think about it all bank accounts act like prepaid cards. If you put money in, they work?!?

5 Likes

I’m more disturbed by that meal she made

2 Likes

This is where a good subeditor comes in. They would’ve taken out the word ‘works’ and replaced it with ‘I use’. Doesn’t at all change the meaning, but improves the accuracy of the- I was going to say improves the accuracy several times over, but given you can’t multiply 0… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Can anyone screenshot and paste the new news that has been released two hours ago from the times - discussing Monzo investors still not being phased by competition from revolut.

Would really appreciate it

I’d be interested in a summary, but please no one copy/paste the article. Copyright law and all that - Monzo (or someone) could get their knuckles rapped. :pensive:

But thanks for flagging - would be good to understand the gist of it! :+1:

6 Likes

That BBC article.

I was actually quite annoyed with myself because this happens every week; I go out, there’s nothing in the house the next day, I pick up a “few bits” from the local shop and end up writing some cobbled–together shit GCSE–standard article.

1 Like