Monzo in Taiwan

(Dave Weatherall) #1

Hey guys!

My girlfriend and I have just moved to Taiwan :airplane:! We are learning new and useful things everyday that I wish I would have know when we arrived like what types of restaurants, supermarkets, and ATMs accept our Monzo card :monzo:.

I thought it would be cool to bring all of these tips together in one topic and hopefully learn some new ones from other members who have used their Monzo card in Taiwan! :grinning:

A list of useful places that accept Monzo :credit_card: (please comment and I will add):

Basically wherever you see the ‘Mastercard’ logo!

ATMs :money_with_wings:
Citibank (only in multiples of TWD $1000)
HSBC

Tasty Restaurants :fork_and_knife:
BITE2EAT (Italian)

Fast Food :hamburger:
Master Fang (Bakery)
Flavour Field (Bakery)

Supermarkets :convenience_store:
Carrefour
Dollars
Costco

Shopping :department_store:
IKEA
H&M
ZARA

A list of useful places that don’t accept foreign cards :-1: (please correct me if this is dependent on which branch you visit)
7-11
Subway
McDonalds

Check out my blog http://www.thattravelblog.com for more travel tips! :smiley:

Travelling with Monzo ✈️
Travelling with Monzo: Asia

Thank you for all the useful information :slight_smile:

I’m travelling around Taiwan with my Monzo card at the moment and it really is stressful trying to find an ATM which reads and accepts the card.

Have used it fine contactlessly at a few convenience stores (e.g. Cosmed) and supermarkets and have just managed to withdraw some cash at a Citibank ATM as many shops and night markets here only take cash.

Confused though that Monzo now says I’m not allowed any more cash due to withdrawal limits when I am not anywhere close to the daily £250 limit or the monthly £1000 limit. Any one able to shine a light on this?

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #3

(Mattia Ottonello) #4

Cash withdrawal bank of Taiwan worked fine for me a few seconds ago. No charge and different notes available, minimum 1000 NTD

(Michael) #5

Hey- which bank was this with?!? We are heading to Taiwan in 2 days and will need some cash!!
Thanks in advance!