Monzo giving two months’ notice of account closures

I am sure they’ll look into the complaints but I don’t think there’s a trend to address. All banks do it, Monzo just attract the kind of customers who are more likely to turn to social media if it happens

Nothing ventured and all that.

Well all I would say there is that when a customer becomes ‘hassle’, a business is in a bad place and its also very much off brand.

I appreciate we are all speculating but if the poster above is correct then it’s probably best there’s transparency as to why.

I would anticipate there are many (possibly too many) usage profiles of Monzo customers. Not specifically related to this topic but I am very conscious I have dropped to the bottom wrung The direct debits I had with monzo stopped (i ended/consolidated the services) , my salary doesn’t go there and I have yet to see value in plus /premium. I have subconsciously through some Monzo comms and this thread begun to feel like I’m about to be relegated from the football league. :blush:

Now I understand basic economics but I’m not sure that’s a good way to have any customer’s feel intentionally or otherwise. I am prepared to subscribe to new monzo accounts for example… I actually wanted to get on board with plus but again the value thing was an issue. I’m not running some sort of charitable service but I think I and others like me are customers that a service should want to have in their target

Just don’t have high expectations. Instead find a bank to switch to ASAP

16 posts were split to a new topic: Financial Ombudsman Service decisions

I have split out the discussions about Financial Ombudsman Service decisions from the link the FOS website by @anon75400416 onwards to a new topic as they are a mixture of mad, interesting, and revealing, but a bit off topic here and moving much faster than the account closing discussion now (thankfully!)

Please do continue such comments there!

3 Likes

Monzo responded to my email

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Did it give an answer or was it just a standard response??

It might just be a generic response or them reiterating their stance on “Not telling you nothing”

So they’ll tell you something?

6 Likes

Im conused where you got “them telling me something”?

“We aren’t in the office right now. We’ll reply in April.”

1 Like

Double negative

6 Likes

My pet hate. My mother does it all the time :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Same here. A common one amongst my family is they keep using lend when they mean to say borrow! Makes me want to implode!

7 Likes

@Dan5 I noticed you were recently active. Do you reckon we’ll ever find out the truth?

I’ll grab a screenshot

There is a complaint to Monzo on the financial ombudsman website because Monzo gave someone a 2 month notice to close. It has a few comments around customer being unsustainable. I linked the PDF if you want to have a read.

6 Likes

More specifically

Mr B had very significant amounts of contact with Monzo’s customer services team and that not all of those conversations went well. I can see that Monzo decided that its relationship with Mr B had become unsustainable as a result.

It was the relationship with the customer which was unsustainable, not the profitability of the account. Just in case someone jumps to a different conclusion.

15 Likes