Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

I read this as lickable area

New flavoured cards?

10 Likes

Mmm, sprout flavour!

1 Like

It looks like you can quit out of the buisness sign up flow but I still cant figure it out :frowning:

The new payee scam warning seems to be a bit more subdued now, yay.

1 Like

Version 3.41.0 - Maintainence release, obvs - a few new strings, removal of duplicated get-paid-early strings/asset, couple of minor text changes in strings and an interesting reference to Plus/Premium (Premium delayed?);

Removed;

<string name="settings_location_based_special_offers_subtitle">For Monzo Plus and Monzo Premium</string>

Added;

<string name="settings_location_based_special_offers_subtitle">For Monzo Plus</string>

New Strings;

<string name="dialog_button_no">No</string>

<string name="info_button_content_description">Info</string>

<string name="manual_repayment_past_payments_paid_off_loan_header">Payments made</string>

<string name="payment_request_details_cancel">Cancel request</string>
<string name="payment_request_details_cancel_dialog_confirm">Yes, cancel</string>
<string name="payment_request_details_cancel_dialog_message">Are you sure you want to cancel your request for %1$s from %2$s?</string>

<string name="payment_request_received_subtitle_prefix">They requested: %s</string>
<string name="payment_request_sent_subtitle">You requested</string>
<string name="payment_request_sent_subtitle_prefix">You requested: %s</string>

<string name="repayment_options_paid_off_loan_header">You’ve paid off your loan</string>

<string name="shared_section_header_pending_payment_requests">Payment requests</string>

Removed Strings;

<string name="pay_early_intro_action">Next</string>
<string name="pay_early_intro_body">"Get your salary paid into Monzo, and we’ll put it into your account a day early at 4 PM. No hassle, just more time with your money. A heads up: we can stop offering get paid early, or change this service at any time."</string>
<string name="pay_early_intro_title">Get paid a day early</string>
<string name="pay_early_intro_toolbar_action">How it works</string>

Changed Assets;

.\clipboard_animated_3_dark.png
clipboard_animated_3_dark

.\ic_starting_balance.png
ic_starting_balance

Removed Assets;
.\paid_early_calendar.png

7 Likes

Sadness.

If that’s the one with travel insurance it makes sense. I’m still keen for phone insurance, though.

Although maybe these have been rolled into Plus?

3 Likes

I assume premium was the tier that was more travel-centric, so I’d guess they’re holding that until after covid and going ahead with the other tier :soon:

4 Likes

Makes sense to me as long as you can upgrade easily when the higher tier launches.

1 Like

Do you think it will be an upgrade or will they be two different tiers?

I.e. will premium have everything plus does (and a few extra bits)

Or will they not have anything in common

I think the higher tier will have the same + more as the lower tiers

2 Likes

Version 3.41.1 - Incremental release, bug fix(es) only;

New Strings;

none

Removed Strings;

none

Changed Assets;

.\ic_electricity_rounded.png
.\ic_product_information.png
.\ic_timeline_document.png

7 Likes

New strings!.. :open_mouth: … oh :pensive:

Removed strings!.. :open_mouth: … oh :pensive:

This update (not in any way a reflection on the post)… :expressionless:

2 Likes

So no news on Plus with this update :confused:

Every week I speculate it’ll be this week.

So this week it is. Let’s be bold and say this afternoon. Or tomorrow.

(I’m ready to be disappointed).

12 Likes

It was only a quick fix update not the regular weekly one don’t worry, still another update due Thursday

2 Likes

Plus has been in the code for some time, with Monzo staff running it & testing it.

It’ll be a server-side flag that needs switching on for each paying customer, so until that happens I don’t think future app teardowns will reveal much more. But I am keeping an eye out for metal card images in the assets… :wink:

4 Likes

I completely understand what you’re saying, but still every time there’s an update on the Play Store I hold my breath for a brief moment before opening the changelog :eyes:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get excited about Plus until you actually see what is provided. I think some people have set their expectations very high.

8 Likes

Exactly this.

Whenever it launches there is guaranteed to be a torrent of “Well it’s not what I wanted so obviously no-one can like this either cos it’s rubbish” posts.

Expect nothing then have a look at what arrives and see if it’s tempting.

8 Likes

At this point i just want them to release it and get it over with, iterate/add where they see necessary in the coming weeks/months also where appropriate.

Yeah, I get your point.

I guess that for me the thing is that Monzo has such a great experience already that I’m eager to see what could be the extra features and services that would try to convince me to pay for them.

It feels more like curiosity than anything else I guess :thinking:

1 Like