Monzo for Android - Teardowns & Deep Dives 👨‍💻

Version: 2.39.0 :tada:

Changes:

<string name="affordability_description">Tell us a bit about you to see what we can offer. This won’t affect your credit score.</string>
<string name="affordability_select">Select</string>

This is a new set of strings, I’m hazarding a guess that it might be questions about your current financial status? Maybe how much you get paid, rougly? Pure speculation though.

<string name="energy_quote_50_off_title">£50 off your second month’s bill</string>

<string name="energy_quote_about_tariff">About this tariff</string>
<string name="energy_quote_add_usage_action">Add my energy use</string>
<string name="energy_quote_add_usage_info">Add your energy use to get a more accurate quote.</string>

<string name="energy_quote_bullets_section_title">What you get</string>
<string name="energy_quote_cheap_title">A cheaper deal than any of the %s’s standard plans</string>

<string name="energy_quote_edit_usage_action">Edit my energy use</string>
<string name="energy_quote_edit_usage_info">Edit your energy use to get a more accurate quote.</string>

<string name="energy_quote_yearly_label">A Year</string>

<string name="energy_tariff_electricity_tab">Electricity</string>
<string name="energy_tariff_gas_tab">Gas</string>

Looks like the energy screen has seen some changes :sunglasses: (images in a separate post soon)
Tabs for Gas & Electricity details are now here, splits out the info so it’s clearer for the user :blush:

<string name="fingerprint_invalid_settings_or_pin">Fingerprint authentication failed, please re-enable it in your account settings to try again, or enter your PIN to continue.</string>

Looks like if you fail enough times (presumably on a payment auth) it’ll ask you to enter your PIN instead :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can test that :stuck_out_tongue:

<string name="hide_card_number_subtitle">Hide my card number</string>

You can hide your card number after you show it now :tada: This is live already and works as expected :sunglasses:

<string name="loan_summary_total_amounts">That‘s {amount}, plus {interest} in interest</string>
<string name="loan_summary_total_header">In total you’ll pay</string>

<string name="loan_summary_total_payments">{numRepayments} monthly payments of {repaymentCost}</string>

Bit of a nicer summary of a Loan repayment, by the looks :slight_smile: can’t tell if those are place holders or python f-strings :joy: I’m guessing the former :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

<string name="maps_number_payments">%s payments</string>

<string name="profile_map_title">Your map</string>

Hints at a Monzo Map :hot_coral_heart:

<string name="notification_channel_your_monzo_description">Becoming a Monzo pro.</string>
<string name="notification_channel_your_monzo_title">Your Monzo</string>

More from “Monzo Pro” which we saw introduced in last week’s beta :eyes: let’s just say that “Your Monzo” certainly exists :wink:

<string name="premium_subscription_intro_body">You can now get these exclusive add-ons for just %s a month, with the option to pay more for extras like travel insurance.</string>
<string name="premium_subscription_intro_title">"Get even more from
your Monzo experience"</string>
<string name="premium_subscription_intro_toolbar_title">Monzo Plus</string>

More on Monzo Premium :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: still not seen any of this within my own app yet haha

<string name="remove_connected_app_bottom_sheet_title">Manage %1$s</string>
<string name="remove_connected_app_description">"Please confirm that you'd like to log out of you account on this app."</string>
<string name="remove_connected_app_log_out">Log out</string>
<string name="remove_connected_app_title">Log out</string>

:boom:
Connected apps (as noted in the deeplink below)

<string name="shared_tab_add_recurring_bill">Add recurring bills</string>
<string name="shared_tab_add_recurring_bills_split_message">We’ll always split this bill equally, even if the amount changes.</string>

<string name="shared_tab_manage_recurring_bill">Manage recurring bills (%d)</string>

<string name="shared_tab_recurring_edit">Edit</string>
<string name="shared_tab_recurring_edit_done">Done</string>

Recurring bills in Shared Tabs :smiley: Looks like this is a thing, might not work yet according to some folks though :eyes:

Deep Links:

<string name="deep_link_manage_connected_apps">manageconnectedapps</string>
<string name="deep_link_update_email">update_email</string>

What do we have here? :eyes: I’ll post more about the connected apps soon :wink:

Assets:

New! :tada:

edit_badge_avatar ic_blue_recurring ic_fixed_savings_pot ic_flexible_savings_pot image ic_manage_recurring ic_tariff_rounded seekbar_thumb_thick_v2 image

Changed! :eyes:
Amex was previously a messed up little square, now it’s a proper icon :joy:

This little plus button is now centred and larger

Feature Flags:

No feature_flags this week :sob: I’m not rooted now that I’m on Android Q… There’s no way for me to access the super secret feature_flags file :frowning:

4 Likes