Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog 🕵

(Gareth) #733

I’ve been hoping they would add this for a little while as it is already a feature on iOS

(Kieran) #734

Yeah, it was just enabled today :tada: :slight_smile:

It’s pretty neat. Love to see what else they can do with notifications.

I know 3D Secure approval in notification is a popular request. What else could be possible?

(Tom Arney) #736

Just tried to use shared tabs from the transaction screen, it’s created it but the only way I can get back to the shared tab is via the transaction screen again.
Are shared tabs collected anywhere else? I expected them to be listed on the payments tab

Payments > Request?

(Tom Arney) #738

Well I feel like a fool :flushed:
Thanks!

To be fair I’d be a bit stumped if it was the first time I’d used Share Tabs from the feed. :grin:

(Tom Arney) #740

Haha thanks that makes me feel better :blush:
Not sure where else I’d put it though to make it more obvious. I missed it because I wasn’t requesting money in my mind, I was just splitting the cost, though now I say it that makes rather little sense…
It’s a brilliant feature though, I use Splitwise with my friends but have to remember to settle debts after we’ve transferred money. This is all in one :ok_hand:(though only with other Monzo customers. Working on getting all my friends on board!)

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #741

In the intermission between this and the last version, @emmag rolled out “Add notes” to transaction notifications :hot_coral_heart:

(borrowing @16bitkieran’s image :innocent:)

Today’s the day, 2.28.1 has landed :tada::tada:

This update brings many exciting features - including a fan favourite :eyes:
… A customisable app icon :heart_eyes: This came and went due to a bug with multitasking back in version 2.19.0 (2.19.1 swiftly arrived to disable the selection)

I’ve gained an icon since the last time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Now I can see a shiny golden investor icon :wink::money_mouth_face:

Some other exciting features include:

Snowy app! :snowflake::grin: Just give your phone a shake and watch the magic :tada:
It's a Monzo-ey Christmas 🎅

Snow was teased but there is none :eyes:

Opt out of marketing is a new toggle :blush:

The people have spoken and Monzo have added it :tada:

A known bug :bug:

Just to head off one known issue: if you’re using Shared Tabs 2.28.0, some of the additions require all members of that tab to be on 2.28.0 (if they’re on Android - they can update at any time, your tab will stay fine, but in the meantime, it’ll look broken for them on 2.27.0).

This won’t affect too many of us (hopefully) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Besides, if nothing goes pear shaped, this version will be shipped out to the masses next week :tada: 2.27.0 won’t be around for long :yum:

Can you stop being desperate with the £10 referral bonus?
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #742

This one deserves its own post :grin:

Send Money to Anybody :money_mouth_face:

This is the entire flow of “Pay Anybody” :wink: It was very quick and easy to complete.

Once you open the link you’re greeted with the following :stuck_out_tongue:

(Right, if you don’t copy the link there’s no way to get back to it :man_facepalming:)

With a new link created… Here’s the retrieval flow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Or you can sign up to Monzo)

Very neat feature! :sunglasses:

Send money via text or email (even if they don't have Monzo!)
Monzo Labs: Pay anyone by text or email
(NM) #743

I think the thing I’m impressed by is the marketing toggle given the negative response recently. I hope people will be less grumpy now. Do we know when it goes live?( I’ve got beta channel so I’m not that bothered).

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #744

I doubt that Monzo intentionally left it out :grin: But I’m also happy that it’s been added - gives people the choice :hot_coral_heart: (without bothering COps)

The setting resides in “Account -> Profile -> Settings” :smiley: Hope that helps :boom:

(NM) #745

I found it easily :slight_smile:

(Adam) #746

Wow, quite a lot of changes there! Loving the ability to change icons.

Have to admit I’m a little disappointed there’s been no update to the payday frequency / day choices in summary view.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #747

I.e. more than “Month” & “4 Weeks”? :slight_smile:

You’d be best off requesting that over here:

Think it’s been mentioned already in the official feedback thread :smiley:

(Adam) #748

Yeah, “first Monday of the month”, “last Friday of the month” etc. etc.

As well as weekly, fortnightly and 3 weekly (not that these are ones relevant to me)

I’ve been vocal on that thread already! I was just hoping there would be the surprise of these options being looked at in this latest release :slight_smile:

(Stephen Spencer) #749

I’m frankly aghast that this vital feature has yet to return this year!

(Adam Kendrew) #750

Love that Beta icon :heart_eyes:! Wish we had it on iOS.

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #751

Soon! ™️😉

(Colin Robinson) #752

But at least on iOS the Beta colour does seem to match one of the colours in the :monzo: logo: