Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

Do you know if you have to have a certain version of Android to be able to have custom icons?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #755

I’m unsure, it works on the latest version of Android (9) but I can’t say how far back it’ll work :see_no_evil:

Which version of Android are you running? :grin:

(Chris Rimell) #756

I’m on 8 and it’s working there.

If you’re using a customer launcher (like I do), you may have to do some extra wizardy to get it to work, but if you’re using the standard launcher (home screen app) that shouldn’t be a problem

5…

(Gareth) #758

I didn’t need to re-create my home screen shortcut either. It updated after 30 seconds of me sat at my home screen. I’m on a Galaxy S9 Plus running the Android Pie Beta

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #759

Give it a go and report back :blush: Hopefully it’ll work for you :wink:

How do you get the Beta Badge? Im running the Beta App from the Google Play app Store but don’t see this icon. Only the Standard and Pride icons

(Rob) #761

The Beta badge is for people who were part of the Monzo beta card program, not the beta of the app.

Ok thanks, didn’t realiase there was different “beta” programs

(Eve) #763

I like the mint green though :cry: so only just for Alpha folks in the future?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #764

Alpha - Joined Monzo when they were Mondo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Beta - As Rob said, joined Monzo back in the PrePaid / Beta days :slight_smile:
Monzonaught - Reserved for Current Monzo staff :monzo:
Investor - Investors in any Monzo crowdfunding round :money_mouth_face:
Pride - Everybody gets this wicked rainbow logo :monzopride:
Default - Everybody gets this too :smile:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #765

Yep, seems like it! :smiley:

No idea how long the wait will be or if it’ll even definitely happen :eyes: But that’s what I’ve been told over on Slack :slight_smile:

I joined when it was Mondo but don’t have Alpha :cry:

But… I like the green. I don’t like the red :frowning:

And even if I’d have heard about Monzo in the Mondo days, I wouldn’tve been eligible. Hmm, actually, I might’ve been… still, they needed to market it more in the alpha days!

I think the whole point of the Alpha stage was to test it, majorly. So you don’t want too many folks on it as everything breaks.

(Gareth) #769

Monzo went beta at the same time as releasing the full functional public app on Android, so unless you’re an Apple convert (almost) everyone on this thread was inapplicable…unless you were top of the waiting list and travelled to London?

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #770

This is true :eyes: I was on the waiting list for ages :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But I had to wait until September 2016 to join Monzo :monzo: I couldn’t switch to iOS… Wouldn’t want to offend my Google-ey overlords :joy:

(Johnny Ellwood) #771

Anyone else who also has a joint account now missing their overdraft info on the individual account?

Really? I was Mondo but am still Beta

EDIT: Ah - just read all the other posts - turns out Alpha was exclusive to iOS…?

(Gareth) #773

My timeline:
May 16 - Joined waiting list for Android
August 16 - Invites for users to go to London for Alpha testing; Mondo are now Monzo
September 16 - Cards sent out across the UK, Android brings Monzo into Beta phase

Thus my hasty edits - I’d guess those that went to the office in Aug might be Alpha? Maybe, maybe not. I couldn’t justify £50 to collect a bank card, so I waited.

(Might be stating the obvious, but your join date is when you had an account, not on the waiting list)