Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #713

Here we go :tada: For anybody who didn’t spot the standalone post I tore down the Android app and extracted all the crowdfunding bits:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #714

Version 2.25.1 :smile: Looks like a teeny tiny bug fix release :bug:

The changelog remains the same but here’s what we know :eyes:

we changed one line of text to fix a wrapping issue

But that’s not all :joy:

that wasn’t the only change :eyes:

I have no idea what the other change(s) is/are but if I find out I’ll be sure to share :yum:

(Tom) #715

Feels like they’re trolling you at this point, @nexusmaniac!

(Jordan Taylor) #716
<string name="peeping_tom">Hi Marcus!</string>

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #717

Version 2.26.0 is here! :grin::grin: Changelog:

APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-26-0-release/monzo-bank-2-26-0-android-apk-download/

Review of Monzo's Android Beta, Release Notes & Use of Labs! :man_technologist:
(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #718

Changelog:

• ETA / Wait time for Monzo Chat :eyes::hot_coral_heart:
  • Locked pots!
    • Loads of work on it, looks ready to roll out :smile:
  • Payee deeplink - Hint at better payee management, perhaps?
  • Some extra changes for loan management
    • Initial deposit, easier repayments, missed payments, etc. (getting back on track is in there too)
  • Some kind of magic way to send people money with a “claim” link somewhere! :eyes:
  • Payee management looks a lot more padded out, I think it’s about ready to turn on :tada:
  • Better user onboarding (by the looks of it)

Review of Monzo's Android Beta, Release Notes & Use of Labs! :man_technologist:
(Is Santa here yet?) #719

Ooh locked pots :two_hearts:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #720

Even more fun from 2.26.0 :hot_coral_heart:

ETA on Monzo Chat reply times is live already :grin:

Bank logos have been added to the Bank Transfer screen :heart_eyes:

(Chris Rimell) #721

We just need the bank icons to appear elsewhere in the app too. It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas :joy:

Not much in notes maybe just to troll @nexusmaniac :grinning:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #723

They had to release it whilst I’m at the shops too :joy::joy: I’ll tear it down if nobody else has by the time I get back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Am I being really picky that I don’t like the speech bubbles in the new chat. :joy: They’re a bit too rounded, I think, makes the text near the corners odd. :no_mouth:

Some awesome updates though!

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #725

2.26.1 Brings with it: A quick fix for pot roundups by the looks :grin:

I kinda like the bubbles :wink: It’s just the current way of app design on the Android side of things - Google’s Material Design 2.0 brings with it a lot of smooth, round & bubbly shapes haha :smiley:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #726

Another change from this week’s beta (2.26.0) :eyes:

The sign in / sign up screens have seen a delightful refresh! :grin:

There’s now:

• Animations
  • More graphics
  • And a much clearer sign in / sign up flow
    • Before this, the login button was some small text below a sign up button - now the login is much more prominent (yay :tada:) and the sign up flow now ‘forces’ you through the wicked info pages :grin:

Nice one Monzo :wink:, I recorded a video for anybody who doesn’t fancy logging out & back in just to see it :joy:

Love animations like these. Hope they make an appearance throughout the app.

A small amount of judicious animation might go a long way. The countdown timer in Starling’s app is a good example of adding a little bit of (non functional) delight.

Agreed. Although I do see value in general UI/navigational motion and animation too. Can really help make obvious what to do or what’s happened.

Watching someone complete the new account flow yesterday there were a few times where we were unsure anything was happening because it was a static screen for example. Wasn’t even a spinning ring (which I hate).

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #730

Here’s version 2.27.0! :grin::grin:

Changelog:

I thought we had shared tabs already :sob: (I don’t often love iOS but the TF changelogs seem a bit better :see_no_evil:)
I’m guessing that this means Tabs have come out of Labs - Must be true, it rhymes :wink:

APK Link: Soon https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-27-0-release/monzo-bank-2-27-0-android-apk-download/

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #731

Anybody want to know more than the changelog reveals? :wink:

Let’s see what’s hidden away inside the app :tada:

We’ve got a few new assets, bumping the total from 263 to 272 :eyes:

hot_chip_help ic_split_the_bill

(New chat icon perhaps? Followed by a wicked new Monzo logo (which will look familiar to iOS users) & a new split the bill icon)

Monzo might have something to shout about soon :smirk:

There’s some more but I couldn’t spot them :see_no_evil:

There might be a way to “Pay Anyone” in the app, even if they’re not a Monzo user :boom: No idea how Monzo are achieving this but time will tell. Besides that, there’s some more work going into bill splits by the looks, Tabs might be on its way out of Labs and for anybody looking to split the cost (or stc_) - some changes have come along for that too :slight_smile:

Last but not least, the “Chat with us” button is now blue instead of orange :blush: plus the wait times are the lowest I’ve seen them in weeks! Congrats Monzo :tada: your Blitz last night must’ve been highly effective :hot_coral_heart:

EDIT

One more that slipped through the cracks :wink:

Go look at a transaction :eyes: (thanks @Peter_G for prompting me to look in the app itself for changes :joy:)

Is the ‘Add notes’ option on Monzo transaction notifications new? :thinking::face_with_monocle: