Ooh locked pots :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Even more fun from 2.26.0 :hot_coral_heart:

ETA on Monzo Chat reply times is live already :grin:

Screenshot_20181129-203849

Bank logos have been added to the Bank Transfer screen :heart_eyes:
638329234 2012587702

8 Likes

We just need the bank icons to appear elsewhere in the app too. Itā€™s starting to look a lot like Christmas :joy:

3 Likes

Screenshot_20181130-193115

Not much in notes maybe just to troll @nexusmaniac :grinning:

3 Likes

They had to release it whilst Iā€™m at the shops too :joy::joy: Iā€™ll tear it down if nobody else has by the time I get back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Am I being really picky that I donā€™t like the speech bubbles in the new chat. :joy: Theyā€™re a bit too rounded, I think, makes the text near the corners odd. :no_mouth:

Some awesome updates though!

1 Like

2.26.1 Brings with it: A quick fix for pot roundups by the looks :grin:

I kinda like the bubbles :wink: Itā€™s just the current way of app design on the Android side of things - Googleā€™s Material Design 2.0 brings with it a lot of smooth, round & bubbly shapes haha :smiley:

1 Like

Another change from this weekā€™s beta (2.26.0) :eyes:

The sign in / sign up screens have seen a delightful refresh! :grin:

Thereā€™s now:

• Animations
  • More graphics
  • And a much clearer sign in / sign up flow
    • Before this, the login button was some small text below a sign up button - now the login is much more prominent (yay :tada:) and the sign up flow now ā€˜forcesā€™ you through the wicked info pages :grin:

Nice one Monzo :wink:, I recorded a video for anybody who doesnā€™t fancy logging out & back in just to see it :joy:

11 Likes

Love animations like these. Hope they make an appearance throughout the app.

A small amount of judicious animation might go a long way. The countdown timer in Starlingā€™s app is a good example of adding a little bit of (non functional) delight.

1 Like

Agreed. Although I do see value in general UI/navigational motion and animation too. Can really help make obvious what to do or whatā€™s happened.

Watching someone complete the new account flow yesterday there were a few times where we were unsure anything was happening because it was a static screen for example. Wasnā€™t even a spinning ring (which I hate).

3 Likes

Hereā€™s version 2.27.0! :grin::grin:

Changelog:

I thought we had shared tabs already :sob: (I donā€™t often love iOS but the TF changelogs seem a bit better :see_no_evil:)
Iā€™m guessing that this means Tabs have come out of Labs - Must be true, it rhymes :wink:

APK Link: Soon https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/monzo/monzo-bank/monzo-bank-2-27-0-release/monzo-bank-2-27-0-android-apk-download/

5 Likes

Anybody want to know more than the changelog reveals? :wink:

Letā€™s see whatā€™s hidden away inside the app :tada:

Weā€™ve got a few new assets, bumping the total from 263 to 272 :eyes:

bubbles hot_chip_help ic_split_the_bill

(New chat icon perhaps? Followed by a wicked new Monzo logo (which will look familiar to iOS users) & a new split the bill icon)

Monzo might have something to shout about soon :smirk:
megaphone

Thereā€™s some more but I couldnā€™t spot them :see_no_evil:

There might be a way to ā€œPay Anyoneā€ in the app, even if theyā€™re not a Monzo user :boom: No idea how Monzo are achieving this but time will tell. Besides that, thereā€™s some more work going into bill splits by the looks, Tabs might be on its way out of Labs and for anybody looking to split the cost (or stc_) - some changes have come along for that too :slight_smile:

Last but not least, the ā€œChat with usā€ button is now blue instead of orange :blush: plus the wait times are the lowest Iā€™ve seen them in weeks! Congrats Monzo :tada: your Blitz last night mustā€™ve been highly effective :hot_coral_heart:

EDIT

One more that slipped through the cracks :wink:

Go look at a transaction :eyes: (thanks @Peter_G for prompting me to look in the app itself for changes :joy:)

15 Likes

Is the ā€˜Add notesā€™ option on Monzo transaction notifications new? :thinking::face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been hoping they would add this for a little while as it is already a feature on iOS

1 Like

Yeah, it was just enabled today :tada: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty neat. Love to see what else they can do with notifications.

I know 3D Secure approval in notification is a popular request. What else could be possible?

3 Likes

Just tried to use shared tabs from the transaction screen, itā€™s created it but the only way I can get back to the shared tab is via the transaction screen again.
Are shared tabs collected anywhere else? I expected them to be listed on the payments tab

Payments > Request?

1 Like

Well I feel like a fool :flushed:
Thanks!

1 Like