Monzo API - Joint Account Pots

Hi,

I’m making a Siri Shortcut so I can ask Siri to move a certain amount from my Joint Account Pot to my Joint Account.

/pots will only show me the details for my personal pots so is that all we are authorised to use with the API?

After doing some digging I found my Joint Account pot ID but any commands I use come back with:

{
“code”: “forbidden.insufficient_permissions”,
“message”: “Access forbidden due to insufficient permissions”,
“params”: {

Am I doing something wrong or can we not use joint account pots with the API yet? If not, who do I poke?

Thanks,

1 Like

Fairly certain joint account pots don’t show in the API.

They’re still a fairly new product to Monzo.

4 Likes

I’ve just stumbled across this now, are there plans for joint pots to be in the API?

2 Likes

Doesn’t help much and I’ve not tried any transactions (they may have silently sorted permissions) but this works for checking balances if you’ve got a joint account pot id:

/pots/$pot_id

At least I can now warn myself that I’ve not manually put enough in my amex pot, better than nothing!

Actually just tested a deposit and it works! It seems the only thing missing is visibility of the pots. To get the ids I’ve just got them from the transactions for the joint account.

2 Likes

BCheers dude. I had to get account IDs from transactions too. Right! Now to create an awesome Siri shortcut :+1:t3:

2 Likes

This also works for the business accounts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For those coming here later, to save you searching, you can now request pots for an account id

3 Likes