Monzo 3.0 - Let the speculation begin!

So our Detective in Residence (aka @nexusmaniac) has found out that Monzo is busy working in the background on v3 of the app.

I think that v1 was the initial release, then v2 came with Summary and the Big List features… So what might v3 hold?

Let the speculation begin (I have ideas!)

14 Likes

Is it cheating if I answer? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

I’m going to go with simplification :eyes:

12 Likes

My guess would be:

• Full rollout of new Payments tab.

• Full rollout of new Account tab.

• A place in the app for activating all Marketplace features, Monzo Plus, adding Credit Cards etc…

Longshot:

• Ability to open euro/dollar accounts.
11 Likes

I think being able to upload PDFs receipts or something might become possible as I spied a converting tool on their Github

7 Likes

Better be the removal of that shit pulse graph and merchant data fixes.

Also

FitBit Pay

and

Garmin Pay

8 Likes

I think these are great suggestions! Here’s my thinking:

• Reduced number of tabs (why @nexusmaniac is saying simplification?)
  • No pulse graph (I shall be sad :cry:) - but with Summary like info at the top instead
  • Better search and/or some analytics accessible from the feed to replace Summary committed/spending info
  • Full roll out of new accounts and payments screens (like @awjdean says)
  • laying the ground for multi-currency / business accounts in the app (for a US launch late in 2019?)

And great info - what else is lurking on there? :eyes: :male_detective:

6 Likes

The real question is, how long after it’s revealed/released until the first post on here with a complaint? I have dibs on 5 minutes.

6 Likes

It’ll definitely be before release… But let’s focus on the positives eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think this has kind of been done with the new account switching flow.

Perhaps something will be introduced to make it easier to figure out which account you’re in. I think having a small banner across the top in each tab which says the account’s picture & name on the left and the account’s sort code & account number on the right.

1 Like

Running balance. Please.

My balance is always getting away from me :cry:

#dadjokes :rofl:

6 Likes

What do you mean? Isn’t the balance in the app? Or are you after the balance after each transaction?

I’m pessimistic on anything meaningful for the masses. Monzo is going for niche advancements (business accounts/Monzo plus) which will make it money this year.

3.0 will probably just be the official launch of the new payments and account screens as well as the credit card link as @awjdean mentions above. I hope there will be something major like committed spending pots etc. but I doubt it.

6 Likes

I wonder if verison 3 streamlines everything, so it can include the functionality needed to work in other places and support different bank systems :statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty:

4 Likes

Theres so much to streamline and so many gaps to fill in that i heavily doubt this :joy::joy:

Hope im wrong though because it would be nice to have

1 Like

It could be argued that simplifying the app and making it easier to use will lead to fewer support queries which will help Monzo reduce costs and thereby make more money.

1 Like

Courtesy of @jscheah on one of the Slacks! :eyes:

So. Many. Questions.

And bear in mind this is hidden away, it’s not finished yet and may very well all change - or not see the light of day…

:eyes: :monzo:

18 Likes

I would absolutely love committed spending pots. It’s a feature that I can’t help but think has the groundwork already laid for it. Seeing how much money I can spend / save in my main balance would be lovely

7 Likes

Whoa that’s a big change.

Top left looks like it could be for card management or account switching?

1 Like

This would definitely be a great feature, but version changes are typically more to do with major UI changes than adding an extra feature.

2 Likes