This week we’re celebrating the launch of version 2.0 of the Monzo app :tada:

Here’s what that means for us:

(Simon B) #2

raising-hands

(Richard Cook) #3

(Jonathon) #4

Wait is it out yet or not? Conflicting tenses :joy:

(Jack) #5

I think it will be pushed to the App Store later this week. It’s currently in beta on iOS test flight. Generally comes to the App Store a few days after.

(Richard Cook) #6

Rolling out this week :slight_smile:

(Andy C) #7

Does anybody know what new features are in 2.0 yet?

(Mark) #8

Hoping for big things!!! And more importantly small things that will make a big difference.

(Dave) #9

Well this is exciting! :astonished:

(Paul) #10

Looking forward to reading more and getting the update. Exciting!

(Craig A Rodway) #11

With iOS and Android versions both being 2.0, does this mean they will have the same set of features and functionality? :thinking:

(Excited about Christmas) #12

I have to say I don’t get this. Normally a whole number version would be a major step forward rather than just commemorating a number of recent small changes. I have version 2.0.0 already and hardly anything has changed at all, as far as I can see. Am I missing something?

(Justin) #13

Here’s what was announced on TestFlight:

The more noticeable change is the inclusion of the Summary, but I’m sure there’s more lurking below the surface

(Jack) #15

I think it’s more about announcing the next stage with things to come rather than exactly being released now. Think of version 1 to 1.9 as beta / prepaid. And 2+ as the current account future. That’s how I see it anyway.
I think it’s likely some changes will have been made somewhere.

(Jack) #16

Hmm :thinking:

(Marcus Nailor) #17

Android is doing an immense job at catching up :wink:

@CraigR

Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog

(Excited about Christmas) #18

Hmmm…well normally software versions are based on what they contain, rather than what they might do later on…

(Jack) #19

Yes I agree, it’s just my view point, Monzo tend to work in an MVP way rather than hold back lots of features for big app releases.

(Mark) #20

That’s what I feared :-1:.