Mondo Crowdfunding!

Was open to the general public, not just alpha testers.

My son has just received 4 investment confirmations by email. This is going to take some unwinding.

I am having the same issue- I have emailed their support but no answer. If this persists for a good part of the day- will we still get the opportunity?

Largest investment was £20K when the page last loaded for me.

No-one’s card has been charged yet. Crowdcube will sort out the mess before anyone gets charged.

5 Likes

If this drags on much longer, any chance of having this formally shelved for a few hours whilst they sort whatever their underlying problem is?

5 Likes

Just managed to get through (twice according to email!). Have been refreshing about once every 10 minutes. Don’t want to completely kill crowdcube as they’re trying to get it up and running again!

Hmm - wondered if it is sporadically up - people on twitter are posting some pictures of the funding amount and its now over £110k

Edit: More people reporting on twitter they have managed to invest but still inaccessible for me :frowning:

It is counting everyone’s dupes, at least one person is up over 20k individually - seems that CroudCube is applying the limit per-transaction rather than per-person. Hopefully we’ll get a correct total when they fix the issues.

Seems to be back online but Mondo page gone completely?

Same here, page no longer available
@mondo - maybe you can just add a checkbox in the app:
[x] Please take my money and give me some shares :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Perhaps Mondo would do a better job of doing this internally rather than using Crowdcube? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Mondo Twitter - 2:56 PM:

We have temporarily paused our @Crowdcube campaign. We’re very sorry for the confusion so far and will have more updates ASAP.

What confuses me is that the early access to the investment was for pre-registered users (6,000) but the invitation has not been sent only to people who pre-registered for the crowdfunding but also to all existing customer waiting list according to the Business Insider (total of 44,000 people).:chart_with_upwards_trend:

So i understand that even if you were only interested in getting a Mondo card, you also got the access to the investment a day before the public opening. Am I right?

In any case that’s a great news for Mondo and I’m sure this will increase its visibility!:sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

Could the Alpha users have a full update on this forum please…?
Been trying since launch to get on website and it’s becoming very frustrating especially the lack of updates…
Your bordering the realms of ‘normal bank’ levels of communication!!! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Getting to anything Mondo related on crowdcube results in a “Error establishing a database connection”. Would love to invest!

Info provided by email:

I’d like to personally apologise to everyone who has tried to get access to the investment today. I know it’s been a frustrating and confusing experience so far.

Unfortunately, the level of demand to participate in Mondo’s crowdfunding has overwhelmed Crowdcube’s servers, and so we’ve taken the decision to temporarily pause the campaign. Once we’re happy that their servers are prepared to handle the load, we will restart the campaign and email you a private link email you a private link ​before it goes live to the public. We hope to have an exact time for that later today.

If you managed to invest money before the site went down, that investment will be honoured (up to a maximum of £1,000 per person). For anyone who has inadvertently invested multiple times, Crowdcube will be in touch to rectify the situation. No money will be taken from your card before then. If you are worried, please get in touch with them at support@crowdcube.com

Again, we’re very sorry and apologise for the confusion that’s been caused. Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm.

Tom
CEO, Mondo

Also here: https://getmondo.co.uk/blog/2016/02/29/crowdfunding-paused/

2 Likes

What @billinghamj said ^. As soon as we can set a time that we can be confident Crowdcube’s servers hold up, we will let you know and restart the campaign. That won’t be today. Really sorry for all of the problems :frowning: We will keep you up to date as much as we can as soon as we have reliable information to give.

1 Like

although frustrating for potential investors , kudos to Mondo for crashing crowd cubes servers lol, I also think you did the right thing about withdrawing the service until the service can be given reliably - I appreciate your email apology, the decision to withdraw must have taken a lot of guts , and look forward to finding out how quickly you can reach £1,000,000 on the next go :wink:

2 Likes

None of this is Mondo’s fault of course!

Team Mondo :mondo:, one day you’ll look back and laugh at today’s events. A cracking story for your book, or film :wink:

4 Likes