Mobile networks

Thanks, I’m such a :nerd_face: on this stuff :sweat_smile: tried but ordering a Now Mobile SIM as they’re half price just to check it all out but seems an error on the form every time I enter phone number

Now/RWG vs regular contract EE

Obviously Your mileage will vary

1 Like

Could also be two different handsets with different capabilities, but thanks! Wish these subnetworks would get their esim sorted, would make my life much easier :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed, Google pixel 4a 5G is a bit older than my iPhone, 13 promax :rofl: however, you’re very welcome for the results

1 Like

I’m with Giffgaff currently, it’s incredibly antiquated with no VoLTE, WiFi calling, eSIM or anything else, the management won’t say when it’ll be released, not even a timeframe.

Traditionally they’ve been slow on everything, nano SIMs for example were incredibly late to be introduced.

I stay only as helping out on the forum they pay my bill; otherwise they’re expensive for the amount of data provided. Sadly Giffgaff has really fallen behind.

1 Like

RWG honestly doesn’t seem THAT bad, I know I had a hick up getting it going, but it only took 1 2 minute phone call and it was working, their rates seem good too - as long as you don’t look at the app, as it’s truly awful - they seem to use Flash Messages for checking balance too, which is a bit quirky

2 Likes

Unfortunately GiffGaff is now the poor relation to other Telefonica and VMo2 sub brands and JV’s

I think GiffGaff has run its course as it was originally an experiment in self care MVNO, and then it got a following and Telefonica have kept it going…

Its a shame as when it first launched it was quite innovative…

If you want an esim and pay less than GiffGaff look at https://esim.net they do o2 esims and they have an offer on at the moment £20 unlimited data, texts and calls and wifi calling / VoLTE but only EU roaming and no premium calls or texts…

1 Like

I’ve earned quite a bit of money through the forums in the past :sweat_smile:

But yeah, such a shame their offering is poor in terms of tech. O2 needs to sort it out, though to be fair, I wonder if it’ll be here in the next few years following VM venture.

1 Like

I’ve been foruming wrong!

3 Likes

You mean you’re not getting paid–per–poll??

3 Likes

:astonished::scream::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/08/mse-report-eu-mobile-roaming-warning/

£240 for unlimited EE data only until June 2024.

Convert to esim for £12.50.

2 Likes

https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/msm/exclusive-monthly-plan-690/p/441209

1p per month for 6 months, Lebara (Vodafone) 12gb.

I received my EE unlimited £10+VAT SIM today from scancom. Whilst it was a chore to set up through my own stupidity, scancoms customer service was amazing. Within an hour I was back up and running via esim, full signal, typical EE speeds (good), and no restrictions.

For a data only SIM, it’s perfect for me. Most likely going to find somewhere super cheap for my main contact number to go to, possibly drop from Three to Lebara for 6 months at 1p, 12gb data as above.

£12.01 a month for unlimited calls, SMS, and data + 12gb data if EE signal is pants, and vodafone runs on a different network sharing agreement.

Both Sims also 12/15gb roaming data, which is pretty good for the price.

1 Like

Just for you @Carlo1460. I now have my second sim on NOW mobile (RWG) in my iPhone 13 Pro Max

Main sim

Now (RWG)

RWG limits the speed to 40mb, which is enough honestly

2 Likes

Thanks, I’d have assumed it was capped anyway, still, for what it’s needed for it’s not a bad deal at all :grin:

2 Likes