Mobile networks

Supposed to have been q2, which in my head runs up to June latest but not sure how mobiles class their annual run.

1 Like

They’ve been launching them every quarter since early 2020. Search on Twitter and you’ll find a trail of broken promises from their official account. It’s quite funny

1 Like

I’ll let you know what RWG Mobile is like from a CS experience and number porting/Overall @Carlo1460

1 Like

From the reviews on trustpilot they look quite responsive.

The RWG was shown on MSE website, surprisingly a good deal if it lasts “forever”.

How sustainable it is, I’ve no idea :sweat_smile:

I’ve been waiting 12 years for Visual Voicemail on Three :joy: It’s too late now as nobody phones me to leave any voicemails!

5 Likes

:face_vomiting: Who makes calls these days, so antiquated :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t get the app for RWG mobile in the UK, may have to go without it, I mean, it does kinda make sense :joy:

That link above doesn’t look right anyway. Wasn’t sure they’d have an app.

Yeah I know it doesn’t. I had to google the app as it wasn’t showing in the App Store at all for me that would explain why

At the minute I’ve put the Sim card in. It has connected to now mobile. I can make a call of it. However I don’t have any data available probably just needs to settle in. I will allow it to do that on my android phone for the minute.

Might be worth checking settings are correct:

1 Like

Will check after work, it’s usually an automatic download :scream:

1 Like

So, I cannot get it working at all. APN settings seem correct, they have REMOVED the “free £5” plan from the site

I can’t attach screenshots from Android 13 for some reason, the photo button does nothing. I have an ! on the signal bar though

Will have to call them tomorrow

1 Like

Ah how annoying. It seemed so promising.

2 Likes

Okay so it is still there. It’s just no longer on the main page as they are now promoting “Free £15” rather than “Free £5”

That plan can still be found: Pay monthly

The “app” is this

It’s an app that has all the rewards cards in supposedly, but the mobile network known as a RWG partner with them, and that is how you manage your account

1 Like

Seems a bit all over the place. Feel bad making a recommendation :joy:

Need to add a clause to mention not affiliated and no guarantees of good service :slightly_frowning_face::neutral_face::joy:

1 Like

As far as I can tell, they’re a start-up, so like a Monzo they may end up getting stuff right

1 Like

A well deserved update for the community, I had to ring RWG mobile and tell them that the account needed activating, they pulled the account number from just my name. One phone reboot later and it was working fine then!

I’m not sure how confident I am in the security, since they could pull up my account just from my name without verifying who I was. However, I’m sure that will get sorted in due course.

For ÂŁ5 and the Sim will hopefully never expire. It seems like a great deal for a secondary line.

Customer service was top-notch. It was like calling first direct I was through in less than 10 seconds. The woman on the other end of the phone was very nice.

1 Like

Ah very good, how much data do you get? I’m interested in what speeds it picks up :sweat_smile:

I will test the speed, it’s only 250mb and one speed test could probably chew through that! I’ll do it anyway as I won’t be using that plan for data

1 Like

Thanks, I’m such a :nerd_face: on this stuff :sweat_smile: tried but ordering a Now Mobile SIM as they’re half price just to check it all out but seems an error on the form every time I enter phone number