Merchant Data Corrections

Remember to report back in three weeks when nothing had happened or the Sky payment has become Costa. :wink:

11 Likes

Well I just resubmitted about 20 merchant improvements that haven’t been done over the past year. Let’s see how many get done this time around!

1 Like

If it does get actioned quickly we can always blame the fact that he announced it on here. Therefore a staff member must have seen it and given it preferential treatment :wink: :laughing:

4 Likes

1966 above. Please can someone tell us what’s happening and what your plans are for the future with this? It would be lovely to hear what the future is for merchant data.

3 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t be allowed to do my own, if that’s what you mean!

At the moment I’m afraid there aren’t really any plans. As I’ve said above, I think with the US teams building out their merchant database (using some of the existing tools) they may make improvements but I would say it is a slim chance.

3 Likes

I meant any staff member responsible for data corrections but I was only kidding :slight_smile:

:cry:

8 Likes

Yup, this one is royally pissing me off too. It’s never been The Admiral. It seems that went someone can be bothered to do Merchant Corrections they’re just clicking Next, Next, Next like you’re installing software within Windows and not paying any attention to what the request actually is.

I bet it would be fairly easy to get some Merchants changed to rude words.

4 Likes

Sounds like a challenge… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please don’t do it, although the inner child in me would laugh if you did. But probably best that you don’t :laughing:

1 Like

Could it be a case of the data comes through as “The Admiral Group” hence it was set as the admiral?

What does the last line in the transaction view say?

The Direct Debit doesn’t mention it:

Also, it’s said Admiral for the past 1+ years I’ve been using Monzo until the last month or 2.

I had a incoming payment from them and it just said EUI LIMITED
(RIP car that I liked beacuse some rammed it up the back at 40MPH and wrote it off)

1 Like

Submitted a couple of Monday and they have be done. First time in a while

Just submitted a Twitter and name change for one that name was off a little and had no image. Will see how long that takes

It’s been over a week for my, ‘Shell’, one. Maybe I should submit it again? See if anything happens.

Submitted @bp_uk instead of @bp_plc for the logo, and selected ‘Marks & Spencer Emsworth BP’ for the address instead of BP Emsworth (which actually has its pinpoint location as the Shell garage) - see if it makes a difference.

1 Like

Wishful thinking I think. XD

Does anyone else find that anything bought through eBay looks weird? Seems to go through as individual merchants. I understand that eBay is a market place, but so is Amazon and Just Eat. When I buy through those places I expect my transaction to go through as the website, so why is eBay different? It kind of annoys me, because it means I can’t see how much I have spend at eBay because it’s all under different names. I do go through and “correct them”, but they still seem to appear then as individual stores that all happen to have the name eBay, rather than the one conglomerate.

1 Like

The problem is that the merchant string tends not to mention eBay, it comes through as something like PAYPAL *MERCHANTNAME 0000000 GBR. Monzo doesn’t have a way to know which are eBay and extracts the merchant name like any other PayPal transaction.

(I think it’s possible to checkout without using Paypal now, but the same basic problem occurs)

1 Like

I’ve one that has been slowly driving me around the bend.

The payment is to the compass group and it used to show up as the compass group, it then changed to HMS Sultan and now Leicester City Football Club.

I’ve raised this more than a few times, I keep being told it’ll be fixed or is fixed but it’s not.

I don’t live or work anywhere near Leicester, so it’s very confusing but I feel like it’s never going to get fixed.

I imagine Compass run the cafe/catering at Leicester City - I know they do at HMS Sultan because I used to deliver there.

Someone’s used their card in the cafe and then submitted merchant data not realising it’s outsourced to a big company that runs hundreds of other sites.

There should be a solution where companies like this come up either like an online transaction or just with the head office as the address.

2 Likes