Merchant Data Corrections

You want to know why?

Because Monzo don’t care about Merchant Data anymore.

10 Likes

what was the bottom tag?

I’ve got the same issue, can’t screenshot because I’m on my PC but the data at the bottom of my transaction that’s showing as Avion now is “J D WETHERSPOON PLC Watford GB”, same as it’s always been :roll_eyes:

J D Wetherspoon. This was always something I liked about Monzo, having Marchand data and logos, but seems they’ve lost interest. Shame.

1 Like

I think that’s a little unfair, I do agree it has been somewhat neglected, but there are certainly other things I want prioritised.

Why!!!

1 Like

Merchants, even large ones, being seemingly unable to accurately and consistently set up their terminals has to take a lot of the blame here, especially in that Lidl case

Monzo could spend more time on this, and I hope they do, but they’re fighting an endless war

2 Likes

Who did this?

I’m afraid you’ve misunderstood this.

Monzo don’t get to choose what merchants are called. The merchants pick their own names.

Apple have ditched iTunes. That’s the end of the discussion.

2 Likes

Not in the Monzo app. Monzo takes the raw information and they pick the friendly name you see in the app.

So while, yes, merchants get to choose what goes on their sign and, to some extent, what appears on the raw data (the text at the bottom of each transaction) it’s Monzo that chooses how this is presented in the app.

Now, it makes sense for that to match what the merchant is commonly called - but isn’t that the whole point of this thread?

This is what I don’t understand… if it doesn’t let you submit feedback how does it even get changed? (probably posted this a handful of times).

Monzo need to limit who has access to approve these corrections to a group of people who know the quirks of the system and the merchant groups, at least until they develop something better.

If Monzo can’t get the name of big merchants right how are people supposed to trust them in other areas?

It’s one of the first things you see when you open the app, and is the source of truth to show what you’ve spent.

6 Likes

What a mess.

1 Like

Don’t worry
French lidl still has no logo and i’ve submitted it like in july

I’ve submitted some from May dozens of times and nothing gets done. I no longer submit corrections. It’s a waste of my time if this is going to be one sided.

This is something important that isn’t brought up as much. Am I right in thinking that the enriched names and logos are the only things that appear on statements too? That’s a bad place to have incorrect data.

Statements aren’t enriched yet. But I think the long term goal is for them to be.

2 Likes

My brain managed to dream up enriched statements in my memory, but you’re right!

Has anyone managed to get Lidl’s transactions back to just “Lidl” yet and with the logo back?

It seems all Lidl’s transactions are now “Lidl Gb [name of town/city]”.

I hope it’s not going to require merchant feedback for each variant to fix them all. :rofl:

It looks like this has been caused by the merchant transaction info just changing ever so slightly from Lidl UK [name of town/city] to Lidl Gb… instead.

I wouldn’t have thought a small change like that would break the enrichment though?

1 Like

I hope we can get more votes on this thread - anything to further the cause for improving the system :blush:

1 Like

1 Like