Merchant Data Corrections

(Nathan Steer) #1041

I’m sensing a bit of a theme in a lot of the recent comments in this thread :thinking: :joy:

(Lancelot Payne) #1042

So it seems to be happening again addresses jumping around for Pure Gym is there anyway to stop this or when the merchant data system tools get updated will this combat that just seems odd that it be an address one day then change the next. Also can’t be bothered with sending it in as it will only change again.

This is the vending machines that it’s happening with noticed it’s happening with the Coca Cola ones as well.

(Charlie) #1043

Monzo don’t care about merchant reviews anymore :disappointed:

(Lancelot Payne) #1044

I mean it’s getting updated here and there but not like it was before and when you do submit a correction the address literally gets changed again after a day or two it’s pointless at this point.

(Alex Mayo) #1045

It’s still worth sending in as it will get to the point where Monzo will have to implement some kind of automation as @Rika rightly pointed out here. I’m sure these reports are all kept and can be used in the future as a dataset for an intelligent Merchant Feedback system.

Heck, it would probably take me a month or two to scan over the data and automate a lot of the reviews. A simple points/ranking based system would work incredibly well. If a merchant receives 5-10+ similar suggestions for the address or logo then it is updated automatically. Depending on how many valid corrections a user has, this increases the chance of their review being accepted. If the merchant has had the same details for longer than 30 days and received multiple requests for it to be updated, only then will a human need to intervene to verify the correction. With regards to identifying merchants that are owned by a larger company (Wetherspoons in this example) then we can use geo data to run some searches and find out whether to show them as the name of the pub, or as a branch of Wetherspoons. I know payment references have been changing a fair bit recently (Uber etc) but again, I’m sure the current system can be improved upon. Some simple regular expressions will help identify payments and associate them with merchants.

Personally I would prefer to see this fixed or at least implemented in a more accurate way, before Monzo introduce any new features to their current accounts. Things like shared tabs and new categories are great, but when one of Monzo’s most visible features doesn’t work properly, it gets frustrating. I think this thread goes to show than it’s not an isolated issue to a handful of people.

(Alex Mayo) #1046

@kieranmch just posted an update, looks like things are coming along!

(Lancelot Payne) #1047

Looking good :slight_smile: seems promising.

(Joe) #1048

I have a feeling the PureGym case isn’t going to be resolved. The people who own the vending machines don’t look like they put much information between their machines on the transactions :confused:

Could be wrong, someone at Monzo needs to visit a bunch of PureGyms :joy:

(Rachel Raybould) #1049

It’s that or some people want the vending machines to be under the name PureGym and some want it under the machine company or something similar. It can happen unfortunately and you get stuck in that loop.

(Alex Mayo) #1050

That’s a good point. I personally think it should go under the vending machine name such as ‘selecta’. Otherwise things can get very confusing! :laughing:

(Rachel Raybould) #1051

I can see both sides and I assume that’s why it changes a lot. If it has been put into the same merchant group too everything would change if they didn’t take out every vending machine one by one.

(Lancelot Payne) #1052

Personally having under PureGym or Pure Gym as it shows when you make a purchase it’s not an issue just the bouncing addresses can get a bit tediuous and annoying as there’s so many branches would be good to just group them all together as a whole and see what happens from there.

(Lancelot Payne) #1053

Oh let’s not start with Selecta lool that was an on going one it eventually got sorted just feel having it under the gym is easier in this case.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #1054

Now Uber Eats has gone back to Uber again, submitted and nothing.

We have been on about this for years and it is still not resolved, I’m not gonna bother wasting my time anymore on something that clearly has no priority within Monzo,

(Lancelot Payne) #1055

Another one were it would be nice to have the merchant icon updated as well as a logo I’ve submitted it so I’ll see what happens.

I was thinking something like this :hammer_and_wrench:.

(Rachel Raybould) #1056

Don’t think that one is in the right merchant group. Hopefully it will get moved for you.

(Lancelot Payne) #1057

Hopefully so I’ve submitted an update anyway :slight_smile: so see what happens hope you’re okay @RachelRaybould.

(James Murray-Ferris) #1058

My local screwfix also doesn’t have a logo and neither does refunds from screwfix

(Lancelot Payne) #1059

Quite a few merchants I shop at missing logos and it’s starting to get to me now as my feed is starting to look untidy just want it sorted but waiting forever for it to change isn’t the one.

(Andrew Schofield) #1060

I don’t think any screwfix store has merchant data set correctly, and it certainly isn’t in the same group of the online merchant. My local 2 are both un-enriched, even after submitting corrections.