Menthol ban, will it affect you?

I heard the gov are banning menthol cigarettes soon. Will this affect any of you ? I’m into vaping so it won’t affect me

1 Like

nope gave up smoking 30 years ago

1 Like

I’ve seen that Streling have launched their ‘New Dual’ cigarettes that aren’t actually menthol but use a thicker filter to make the smoke smoother or something. I don’t smoke anymore but I haven’t heard great reviews about them.

Will this apply to menthol filters too?

Nope. Stupidly it only applies to cigarettes.

I quit nearly a year ago now. Feel a lot better for it. Never swapped with vaping as I didn’t see the point.

1 Like

You know you’re spending too much time here when you read that as “Starling have launched…” and you wonder what Anne’s up to with menthol cigarettes.

6 Likes

I did the same. Had to look again a few times to recognise it wasn’t a spelling error!

#sad

But glad to have stopped smerking 18 years ago now. What a waste… Addiction…

3 Likes

Doesn’t go far enough for me - no idea why tobacco hasn’t been outright banned already. Nobody has ever been able to give me a reasonable argument.

Personally I think there’s an interesting debate to be had on why assisted suicide is illegal but you can still freely buy tobacco in every shop in the land…

1 Like

Something something nanny state

It should be. And I say that as a smoker. I quit for a few weeks and then go back in them again for a week and repeat

1 Like

I enjoy the odd cigarette from time to time. Pack every month or 2.

I’m not effected as my go to was B&H blue but it’s honestly just depressing.

First plain packaging then this.

The new sterling dual are wrapped in tobacco to get around the regulations, this also allows them to be sold in non plain packs and in 10 decks.

Most people my age that smoke, smoke menthol or smoke rollies so i’m guessing they will just use menthol filters.

Money. Almost £10 billion a year.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree either way.

3 Likes

Nope, quit exactly 7 months ago today and have never felt better (or had so much cash!)

I quit a few times in the past, last time was 2 years ago and I stayed off them for 6 months but got back onto them by smoking menthols. I couldn’t stand the taste of a normal fag but the menthols were smooth and easier to smoke. I have a few friends who did the same and now they’re all on menthols still and looking for a way to add a touch of mint to their fags - my suggestion that they take this opportunity to quit was seen as “a quitter’s approach” and they saiy they’re cleverer than that lol

1 Like

I gave up smoking about two years ago, so it won’t affet me. But I don’t understand why the gov is going to ban exactly menthol cigarettes, there exist many othe flavours.

2 Likes

Update

Someone at my work gave me one of these new Sterling Dual cigarillos. They come in a non plain packaged 10 deck.

They taste just like the old sterling dual did, I don’t smoke menthols so I found these pretty weak.

I’ll stick to Marlboro Red (Ditched B&H blue as I was sick of cheapies and I go through a pack a month so costs not a issue)

Yes. I’m a big fan of the Sterling Dual but the new ones are meh.

I disagree with the ban. If it’s about public health then do the right thing and ban cigarettes completely instead, if not leave it alone.

1 Like

Exact reason i’m against plain packaging and menthol bans.
It’s a 18+ pleasure, just keep them out of sight of kids in shops and don’t sell them to kids.

The new dual non cigarillos from what work people have told me are awful.
They wont ban cigarettes, the big UK DUTY PAID stamp on the back is the clue.