Manage your money together with joint accounts!

@cookywook do we get new card designs now for joint accounts? I had to attach a llama sticker to mine to tell the difference between them…

Yeah you should have an in app message offering a new joint account card if you want it

1 Like

Posts like this make me face palm. It’s such a shame contactless has this stigma and no one is successfully countering it :frowning:

3 Likes

My wife and I just signed up for a joint account and got our cards today, annoyingly they are the same design as our current ones. Will we be getting a different style card?

Got it, thanks dude!

You’re telling me! Even I’m struggling to convince her otherwise.

The annoying thing is that she banks with Halifax, so there is more chance of her not noticing any fraudulant activity on there rather than through Monzo. As you can imagine, I’m still trying to persuade her to switch over to Monzo for her personal banking too.

3 Likes

Hi all, is this the best place to ask how come I can’t add my husband although he has been a Monzo customer as long as I have? Whereas my ex-boss is ‘on offer’ for me to set up a joint account with… So whilst this is available to “all”, is it REALLY?

Does your husband have payments with friends turned on? It will only show people who have this activated

1 Like

Off-topic but… isn’t this basically the top of the housing market? I wouldn’t be buying right now…

It’d be so good if monzo allowed direct debit moving between accounts like the CASS. I can’t be bothered moving all our bills manually!

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, sorted!

Monzo team might want to add that to the instructions!!

2 Likes

Another one for adding joint account pots and CASS.

Thanks for the hard work so far, keep improving!

2 Likes

Soon! I’m sure you’ll be able to CASS them between personal and Joint :slight_smile:

1 Like

But I don’t want to close my personal monzo account that I switched to from HSBC already using CASS? Are you suggesting the slower partial switch might work?

Currently you’re not able to have a joint account without a personal first.

Yeah hopefully they will allow partial switch. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work? It’s only a few days longer as it has to find out what payments you want to transfer first.

Unless they have some other trickery on how to do this.

CASS doesn’t allow for same bank to same bank switching at least on the full one. Will check the rules for the partial service

Ahh , shame.

Hopefully partial switch works :slight_smile:

I’m sure Monzo will figure something out

Does that mean I can stop using the testflight version of monzo now?

1 Like

What test flight app are you on? One specifically for Joint Accounts or the generic one?

You don’t need to use Test Flight to have joint accounts now no.

2 Likes

Me too, anyone know what the deal is here? I thought there was a new design already and some people who were on the beta seem to be getting notified that they can order replacements?