Manage your money together with joint accounts!

Just a small thing, but we tweaked internal transfer notifications today, so instead of

:arrow_left: £85 added by R Raybould

it’ll now say

:arrow_left: £85 added by Rika

Thanks to @Rika for pointing this out!

13 Likes

Has the wording on the transaction itself been fixed too? :pray:t2:

No, that’ll require an app change; it’s something we’re looking into though!

2 Likes

Well the reason we came to this system was a previous housemate had the account & all bills etc in his name & sole access, and everyone else paid into that account. It emerged when he moved out that he’d been skimming money off the top for years. Hence everyone having access and visibility! I completely see what you’re saying. In our situation, we’ve lived together for years now and have a lot of trust, so it would make sense in our case where it wouldn’t in others. But it is definitely a problem trying to balance responsibility with transparency for group account situations. I don’t know that there’s an obvious solution, but I think Monzo is far more capable of making one than traditional banks. Would be interested to see what their product team could come up with!

Sounds like this is a job for… shared tabs! :superhero:

Monzo Labs: Shared Tabs 📑

2 Likes

So today we managed to create our first Joint Account Pots internally. :eyes: :tada: :soon:

Screenshot_20181108-150421

37 Likes

:flushed: get it chucked on TestFlight :pray:t2:

1 Like

Amazing! Can’t wait for this to get a full release!

Need any external testers?

Also pretty please do away with the massive images and make them a thumbnail instead. It’s really just wasting space when you could see more pots/balances on the screen. :man_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

Looking good.

Will this include both round-up pots and saving pots as well?

3 Likes

Boom! Good work :+1:

Out of morbid curiosity; Is the challenge allowing two people/accounts have access at all times, yet being able to shift the money around without anything weird happening?

If you need additional testing, i’d be more than willing to join the TestFlight team :handshake:

I believe the issue is that pots are currently assigned to 1 person instead of 1 account. This was a problem with Joint Accounts because that requires 2 people to access and interact with the pot and is why they didn’t have them at launch.

2 Likes

Thank you! Can’t wait to get everyone using them. :raised_hands:

@Ordog is right. Pots were initially only created by being linked to one user. We have now had to change this so that each Pot is linked to an account, meaning it’s not an issue whether the account is a Personal Account or a Joint Account. An account can then have multiple owners who have permissions to use that Joint Account Pot.

@Reck We are going to try our best to release Joint Account Pots with all the features that you expect, including coin jar and Savings Pots. If we are held up by these extra features, we will most likely release regular Pots and then very quickly iterate to bring you the rest. :ok_hand: This will mean you’ll be able to get your hands on them even sooner. :wink:

26 Likes

Fantastic. Sounds like it won’t be too much longer before us joint account users get feature parity with the single account, at least with pots.

1 Like

@edwoollard and my comment about the image? Is this being considered?

2 Likes

@Frankiejr stop distracting them :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes finally shared pots are coming!

Please get this to labs asap! @edwoollard

2 Likes

Think they’ve said before that they’re going to bypass labs on this and push it out ASAP

2 Likes

Would it not be safer to quickly beta it in labs for a week or so first to ensure its stable