Making subtler elements of features clearer to all?

Continuing the discussion from Add pennies to pots:

This seems to come up an awful lot, it’s definitely something that I missed and was initially frustrated by when pots launched. :rocket:

Is there a way Monzo could highlight this better, or some of the subtler elements of feature launches to all users?

Not everything is intuitive, and not everyone reads blogs / community / emails from companies.

I’d imagine a task recorder style demo alongside in app notifications of new features could word well?

Alternatively for things like this, a little dismissible (one time only) ‘did you know’ style pop up when on the pots screen.

Just worried that knee jerk confusion/frustration could lead to less engagement/friction with features which could otherwise be significant converters if landing better?

5 Likes

The tutorial section when you first create a pot looks like the perfect place to put details like this. The information would fit nicely here:

Adding%20money%20to%20pots

1 Like

Yes perfect, couldn’t find a shot of this - even simpler :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

I know that Monzo are busy working on big new stuff (yay :raised_hands:) - but I think this is a candidate for a tweak to the design / polishing existing features over time. If it needs to be explained, it’s clearly not optimal :pensive:

2 Likes

Nobody looks at popups and demos though. Better to redesign the UI to make it more obvious… it’s not evident at all that the value can be clicked, so add a button that does the same thing on the screen? It’s the kind of thing that AB testing is perfect for :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Make the monetary value the same colour as the clickable + and -