Making recurring payments on Monzo even better

Every transaction that’s had a reference normally gets it added to the notes of the transaction :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve got two “foreign” transactions I’ve been able to mark as recurring. I had to logout and back in for one of them.

Please make them (direct debits + standing orders) trigger IFTTT applets!

1 Like

I want to mark that £2.49 transaction as a subscription every month but the £8.49 transaction as a yearly one. However whatever time period I choose is applied to both.

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I need too. I pay the bills to another tenant in the flat, but every month the amount is different. Would be awesome to track payments you pay to someone with a standard bank transfer.

They do for me, but I did get mine from the App Store

If you buy it from their website, it’s all USD I believe (which makes it cheaper than buying from the App Store).

I love this :clap::clap::clap:

I currently use a very convoluted spreadsheet to keep track of all this, and this feature brings me one step closer to being able to get rid of the spreadsheet completely. It’s not 100% there but it’s pretty damn close. Great job!

4 Likes

Out of interest what else would be required to make you get rid of the sheet :slight_smile: ?

3 Likes

I have two subscriptions from iTunes, one for £0.79 and one for £14.99.

Having intitially turned on both, now when I try to turn both off and just have the £14.99 one, I still get the £0.79 one showing in my committed spend / scheduled payments.

No matter what I try (force quit / log out and in) I cannot get the £14.99 to show, it only shows the £0.79 even though this one is not marked as a repeating payment.

Would it be possible to put the money aside for the bills/reoccurring payments in a pot and have it automatically transfer into the main account when one of these payments comes out?

Presumably something like this could be done with IFTTT but it would be great if it could be part of the core functionality.

3 Likes

The only issue I have is Energy bills that get paid quarterly, but show up as monthly with no option to change.

Everything else functions well.:+1::+1:

3 Likes

Would be useful to have weekday only repeat. This would work for regular work parking. Thanks :grinning:

1 Like

How many payments get paid daily? What happened about quarterly payments - massive oversight!

3 Likes

I have several monthly payments set up via paypal, but I cannot mark them as recurring as well.

If you go to the payments tab and then scheduled payments, you can change the schedule there. However, Quarterly isn’t an option on any of mine. Would be a nice option.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for this feature for a while so glad it’s here, nice job!

Personally I’d move the ‘Repeating Payment’ radio button down to the bottom along with ‘Exclude from Spending Summary’.

It’s something I’m going to have to activate very, very sporadically. Seems strange to have it pinned to the top which means I now need to scroll to see my history, which I didn’t have to do before.

5 Likes

So… last month (June) I paid my energy bills and now the app is budgeting the same figure again this month:scream:

1 Like

I’d like to see fortnightly and 4-weekly (not monthly!) available as a reoccurring option too!

2 Likes

Under the expected list of payments, it predicts my DD’s going out on the weekend. Can the model be refined so if a DD falls on a weekend date it predicts the payment being made on the next working day for that month?

Other than that, it looks good. I’d still like a way of putting cash transfers into committed spend to show the net cost of bills I pay (after my partner’s transfers her share of the bills to me)

3 Likes