Making recurring payments on Monzo even better

On the separate transactions it shows as enabled but only one shows up on the “Scheduled Payments” screen? I can also only see one under committed spending.

Force closing doesn’t seem to work for me, so attempting to delete the app and reinstall

Edit: this worked

Hey, you can set up subscriptions for foreign currency transactions (I have a USD one on my account). We’ll just predict based on the last GBP amount for now, anything smarter added quite a bit of complexity. But we’ll show the USD amount in the subtitle in your list of subscriptions, as a reminder that it is more likely to fluctuate than most.

The toggle should appear for you on this transaction after a force-close of the app.

Hope this helps!

force close nope, signing in and out did work. Thanks Jami :+1:

1 Like

That worked for me, cleared the data and re-launched the app and was able to add the payment as a subscription :slight_smile:

Interesting… Are the initial dates/amounts of the two subscriptions very close to each other?

I have a Australian Dollar payment which I’ve enabled :slight_smile:

I had the same thing with my Adobe transactions. Very different dates and amounts.

1. 28th for £4.99
  2. 20th for £0.79
    Both iTunes (ones Apple Music the other is iCloud storage)

Same for me with Apple Music and iCloud (both iTunes). I set iCloud first then Apple Music, but only iCloud payment showed in scheduled payments and committed spend.

Then went back and unmarked both and set just Apple Music (being the larger payment which I want to see more) and it still only shows iCloud payment, even though this is now unmarked

1 Like

Can you DM me your email - we’ll take a look (you too @hdwrng!)

2 Likes

And me? :raised_hands:t2:

Was able to mark other transactions as recurring, but not that one. Force-close didn’t work, but logging in and out again worked perfectly! All good now! :sunglasses:

I’m finding the same too. Was trying to mark iTunes monthly for iCloud, and yearly for the £99 Apple Music payment. Only the cloud one showed up in subscriptions, it changed that one to yearly but kept the £2.49 value predicted.

I also have two iTunes transactions - Apple Music and iCloud storage - both toggled on for subscriptions, but only Apple Music is showing in the subscriptions and committed spending. Both of these come out on 30th of each month, but usually hours apart from each other

Hey all - so I misunderstood some of the current logic.

It’s not currently possible to set up multiple subscriptions with the same card merchant. We avoiding allowing this initially because it comes with some risks of payments being matched to the wrong subscription if they land on similar dates / with similar amounts.

We’re going to look into adding support multiple subs per merchant, and will get back to you all.
For now I suggest only trying to turn on the one that is most frequent/important.

Apologies for the confusion, thanks for your feedback!

14 Likes

This basically makes all iTunes subscriptions unusable: I have a yearly iTunes Music, a monthly iCloud storage charge and a monthly subscription to a newspaper, different amounts and dates but all show up as iTunes. Summary thinks the’re all the same

2 Likes

As @Jami says they are looking at how to do this soon…

Personally I think apple need to change this to show something else rather than all going through the itunes store :frowning: or at least put a reference in so we can tell the difference.

5 Likes

I agree but maybe Apple is putting a reference already that’s later dumped by Monzo? We’ll have to wait and see.

Worked for me. I believe all my recurring payments are now part of committed spending in summary.
I was also pleased to be able to mark my DVLA DD as yearly now. Can’t do that for TV License though, any thoughts?