Making Monzo my main account

Can I use Monzo for my direct debits, standing orders etc if my salary goes into this account

Yes.

And you can use the switching service so you donā€™t have to call them all yourself.

Sorry to sound a bit ā€œthickā€ but I only use it for personal use at the moment, so how would I go about doing this please?

Monzo is just like any other bank, so use it however you wish.

If you just want direct debits, use it for that. If you just want your salary to go in there, just do that. There is no requirement to have all or nothing.

You can either manually move all your direct debits over by contacting each company and giving them your Monzo account detailsā€¦ OR.

You can use the current account switch service which will do this automatically and will close your old account. If you want some more information on this, search in the help section of the app for ā€˜switch serviceā€™.

It will then explain the process and if that sounds like something youā€™d like to do, it will take you through the steps to do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a question

I moved a direct debit to my other account, but since regret it due to chronic technical issues over the last weekā€¦ The DD is still not showing with said banks online offering but they have told me it is ā€˜registeredā€™. If I did a CASS would you say thatā€™s enough to get it moved back (along with other DDs etc)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.