Looking to buy or sell Monzo Crowdcube shares

I think this is pretty fair.

As far as valuation, there’s several milestones we hope to hit before we go out and talk to investors. I personally, am confident we’ll hit most, if not all of them (but I’m biased!)

I think it will become very clear over the next 2-3 months that our momentum and velocity are increasing rapidly. And if you thought the Apple Pay release was cool… it ain’t over

Who knows - by the time we look at another round, we might well be ahead of any prediction we can make at this time.

23 Likes

That’s why I want to invest now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Wasn’t the plan to do another Crowdfund first?

Is this still on the table but just pushed back… or is their no more crowdfunding for the foreseeable future?

1 Like

It’s all part of the same round, isn’t it? Seeking investment with a percentage held back from investors for crowdfunding.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s how it works to do it concurrently. If so great, but I imagine the logistics between CrowdCube and a big private institutional VC investor wouldn’t work. One must come before or after the other.
Example: FreeTrade had their last Crowdfund this week which they don’t intend to do again; rather their next fund raise is to be big private investors.

Yes, that’s how Monzo approached it last time -

3 Likes

Does anyone know what commission CC charge on the sell of shares.

1 Like

Crowdcube don’t charge commission to shareholders, they simply transfer the shares to the new owner.

The price to sell at is up to the seller and buyer.

2 Likes

Willing to sell?

1 Like

Nah not selling was just curious :joy:, seedrs charge
7.5% on the sale of shares how does CC make :heavy_dollar_sign:

Can you guys please stop with the false hopes already? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Crowdcube only charge commission to the company on the initial raise.

3 Likes

Crowdcube take their cut during the funding round from the raising company, not from (potential) shareholders.

Crowdcube don’t offer a market for selling shares so there are no transaction fees as such.

2 Likes

Thanks guys puts my mind at rest :money_mouth_face:

Sorry Rjevski hopefully you get some on the next round.

3 Likes

If Monzo isn’t yet profitable, how does it plan on paying interesting on pots in the near future? :nerd_face:

Through an intergration with a third party savings bank.

7 Likes

Hi Dreamture - I’m looking to offload some shares (1949 + 249 = 2,198 total) and am looking for £5+.

I would like to offer these in an open, transparent and fair environment so if you are interested let me know and I’ll add you to the mechanism I choose to find market value. Slack/Telegram channel, whatsapp group, email chain etc…

Cheers.

You’ve got permission to sell before a bidding war starts and a lot of people are left disappointed?

5 Likes

Hi, Ra_au_van,

I’m aware of that and I suspect permission will be granted in due course given a genuine reason for offloading at this point. It was never my intention to liquidate before IPO but alas I find myself in this situation.

In the interest of keeping it fair I would like to take the price discovery off this channel somewhere else. Neither Monzo or Crowdcube have interest in this, or should have interest given it’s a conflict of interest. If I am permitted to sell and the price is agreed then the mechanics would be handled by CC.

Again, if anyone is interested let me know. I have a few interested parties already.

Thanks.

2 Likes