Looking to buy a smart Tv, advice needed please

I’m gonna get this

1 Like

That looks so cool but expensive. I’d get 1 if I could and I would get it secured to a wall and have all cables etc in a channel in the wall.

So, I am deciding between 2 LG TV’s at the minute - a 49 inch LG OLED C14LB for £1,000 or an LG OLED CX5 for £900 - both 120Hz, what’s the differences?

£100

2 Likes

I’m not sure on the difference, but wait for Black Friday and they’ll both be cheaper.

2 Likes

Good suggestion - Curry’s states both TV’s are already on deals! People keep saying the OS on LG tv’s is awful compared to Android TV

I may end up getting the cheaper of the 2 LG TV’s and buying a separate shield TV or something

Don’t currys have a compare feature on their website?

I know ao.com does, so if you can find them both on there use this and it should help you spot the differences.

1 Like

Lots of places are doing their Black Friday deals earlier this year because they’re worried about potential adult chain and delivery issues. If something is already reduced by a decent amount, may be better to just get it purchased rather than risk missing out.

1 Like

coincidentally my bros just gone for the 48" C1 last week after his current TV turned completely blue.

For +£100 I’d go with the 2021 tech.

1 Like

Think after looking at that, spending the extra £100 is a better idea

I think for £1000 it’s pretty ace, and beats Samsung/Sony equivalents. If it lasts five years that’s £200 year investment (hopefully a lot longer!)

1 Like

Even if i’m not overall keen on the interface vs the older TV’s, it seems worthwhile to get the C1 for £999 from Currys - i’ll just have to get used to it, it seems like a better TV set

The A80J was another of his shortlist.

Vid by the same guy

And the Samsung was the QN94A.

1 Like

Is it this one on offer here for £899?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2021-lg-oled48c14lb-48-smart-4k-ultra-hd-oled-tv-120hz-5-year-guarantee-ps89989-membership-required-at-costco-3818653?utm_source=mappshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3818653&utm_campaign=2021-11-10

Same price at argos too…

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-48-inch-oled48c14lb-smart-4k-uhd-oled-hdr-freeview-tv-3821681?utm_source=mappshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3821681&utm_campaign=2021-11-10

Could likely get a bit more off if you combine it with topcashback or similar too

2 Likes

That’s the one, I mistyped. it’s 48 inch

I looked at Perks At Work for discounts… they didn’t have any :frowning: I’ll try top cashback or quidco