Looking for a new bike, where to start?

Got my new btwin well happy with it it’s rapid

1 Like

Worth trying lfgss

As its a “hybrid” can I ride it on paths too or does it have to be the road

You can’t ride any bike on pedestrian paths.

1 Like

What are these Allen key bolts for?

Really like the look of this bike - where did you get it from?

Room to add a drinks bottle holder perhaps?

1 Like

Come to think of it my old bike came with a hand pump attached to it so think it’s for that

It was £500 from decathlon mate

bottle cage

you can also bolt on a mini pump as well well as bottle cage

1 Like

Nice one thanks guys

Is “slime” any good for preventing punctures?
Slime is a sealant you put into the innertube via the valve however you need to have a removable core in the valve for it to work and I don’t know whether road bike have these

My current tyres are " resist protect plus" by btwin which are supposed to be good for preventing punctures

To be honest again it depends where you cycle ,i personally wouldn’t bother ,i ride about 40-50 miles most days punctured once in last two years

Thanks mate

The tyres need to be pumped up to about 8 bar maximum however most foot pumps only go upto 7 bar, any advice?

Robust hand pump or fuel station air machine (with adapter) - usually 50p a go.

I use a track pump at home , then i have mini pumps on bikes which go upto 120 psi ,i also carry co2 cartridge and valve . Have a look at a company called Planet X their products are well priced and never had a problem them

1 Like

Min is 6 bar and max is 8 bar so would 7 bar be ideal as I’m quite heavy?

For 28mm tires you don’t want that much pressure. 6 bar/80psi at the very most or it’s going to feel like riding with concrete wheels.

If you were on 25mm or 23mm, fair enough.

1 Like

Anything other than a track pump is a false economy.

Most decent track pumps go uptown 180 psi , im 100kg when training my tyres are pumped upto 120 psi , when i race my time time trial wheels 150 psi

Thanks guys I found one on argos which looks excellent. Bought this…

If I ever need a new innertube my bike uses 700x28… will these do ??
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycle/inner-tubes/700c-622-wheel-size